This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

XT-2 vs Nikon D500

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by jmcg222, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ftwolff

ftwolff New Member

-Return to Top-

Heres a few hockey photos from my first real effort to catch the action. I have a lot to learn with keeping up with the movement and anticipating where and whats happening. It's no match for kids running around the living room but it might be a close second?

FWFF0928.jpg

FWFF0999.jpg

FWFF1018.jpg

FWFF1255.jpg

AdrianG likes this.
  2. khunrudi

khunrudi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

with a 2004 cellphone. ;-)

3. gyoung

gyoung Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Stick it on single point af-s, or mf, and then if the photo isn't sharp its YOUR fault.
    On af-c you can blame it on the software engineer.
    But YOU are taking the picture, and have to master the tools to get the result you want.
    As for face detect, etc, toys for point and shoot.

Gerry

jknights likes this.
  4. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

If you dont get sharp results then it is down to user error. Either your setup of the camera AF settings, your AF-S/AF-C selection settings, your ability to place AF focus point on target for initial acquire or just general technique.

The new generation of AF in Nikons in awesome so if you havent got focus with D5, D850, D500 then you wont get it with any other camera unless it is something you dont understand on one camera but do on another! Nikon and Canon DSLRs are hugely sophisticated and complex.

Inability to capture what you are attempting to get is down to your abilities with that camera. The camera can capture it if you get your techniques and settings right. However not all cameras suit everyone.

Fuji mirrorless has some lag but is pretty good but I still think it lags behind in accuracy and sophistication compared to my D500 and D850. That said if you get it right it produces images that are just as good.

5. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If if was me, then I`d stick with the X-T2. When I get any shots I have taken and they are not sharp or have a bit to much blur, each time it has been my fault.

6. Alice

Alice Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I shot a 5 month old baby rolling around on the floor, constant movement. Single shot, spot, focus quickly on the eye. A few tosses, most in focus. At the time, X-T1 and 56mm lens wide open, indoors, no flash.
    And it is said the 56 AF doesn’t compare favorably to some other Fuji lenses, but I find it totally workable.

I’m using X-T2 now and briefly grabbed a handful of shots of a 1 year old a few months ago and nailed them all. Outdoors, 50-140. Do I love both of these lenses? You betcha. And the T2, I’m sure, focuses faster.

7. ftwolff

ftwolff New Member

-Return to Top-

Don't forget that the best focusing system still needs a fast enough shutter speed to catch the action.