This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T3 files.

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by Sarawak, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Sarawak

Sarawak Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry if I've missed this in all the debate about the new hardware but no-one seems to have mentioned the files that the new body will produce. Does anyone know what they will be?

My T2 files are readily processed in LR6. I have no real wish to go cloud based especially as I'm on W7 which I believe is no longer supported by Adobe.

Will the T3 files still be recognised by LR6 or not? Will I have to resort to a DNG converter?

Has anyone any knowledge here?

Gaston likes this.
  2. bkkphotog

bkkphotog New Member

-Return to Top-

Hello: while I do not have an answer to your question, I do have a related comment as follows: When I got the XT2, Lr6 stand alone would not read the RAW files, unlike the XT1. I tried everything to avoid going to the subscription based CC, but nothing worked for me and I finally subscribed to CC. If possible I would go back to Lr6 but I don’t think the catalog from CC would be compatible.

3. Globares

Globares Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'm afraid the LR6 is dead, what means no updates to support new sensors, and the X-T3 sensor is a new one. Long live Adobe subscription plans ...
    The believe the DPreview mentiioned using a beta ACR11 for X-T3 raw files.

4. GregWard

GregWard Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

The X-T2 is supported in the standalone (perpetual license) Lightroom from version 6.6 onwards...

Please login or register to view links

I have zero doubt that the X-T3 will not be supported. But there is a slightly different question and that is whether Lightroom 6 can be "spoofed" into supporting X-T3 files? It is comparatively easy to use an EXIF Editor to change the camera from one that isn't to one that is supported. This works perfectly as long as the sensor is exactly the same. For example, this could be used if the real camera were an X-H1. Of course the X-T3 uses a different (Backside illuminated) sensor so it's quite possible this trick won't work. We'll need the camera to be "in the wild" before we find out for sure.

Gaston and CWRailman like this.
  5. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Iridient X Transformer seems to handle them - but whether it’s being done properly or optimally I’m not sure

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  6. Macro

Macro Premium Member

-Return to Top-

RawTherapee works well with X-T3 RAF files.

7. marcosv

marcosv Premium Member

-Return to Top-

DNG Converter should work. Very debatable how well LR6 will handle newer X-Trans sensors.

Personally, I'm putting more money and time into exploring non-Adobe options. I want to be prepared to dump Adobe Cloud as soon as Adobe does a really greedy move that gets me mad enough to finally dump Adobe for a less greedy company. Hopefully, it'll take many years for the currently less greedy companies to become too greedy...

8. Sarawak

Sarawak Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes agreed. If I could get away from Adobe that would be good but every alternative seemstohace problems.

Might look at DXO and Saw Therapee.

9. pixelstate

pixelstate Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji confirmed to me that Adobe are rolling out support for X-T3 RAW in line with shipping date of 20th September... that said support for LR6 is debatable due to shift to subscription model :(

10. BillC-PA

BillC-PA Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Unfortunately, DXO does not support Fuji X-Trans sensor/files. Perhaps take a look at Capture One ... It may take a few weeks, but they will eventually support T3 raw files.

11. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I suspect Adobe, On1, Capture One, and most the larger software companies will be rolling an update as soon as possible. Whether on time for the roll out is debatable. I am still using Classic subscription so I am not worried, but like most others will jump very soon. On1 and Luminar look good. I really like Luminar, but lacking a Digital Asset Management system (Promised a while ago - due on or about summer last year) it is really only a plug-in for LR. I will be watching to see which company is most responsive to the new Fuji sensor then decide where I am jumping to.

Capture One is a great solution as well, but a bit expensive and looked like a bit of a learning curve for me. Not to say it won't be my choice as it is an outstanding product. I am leaning in the Direction of CC1, On1, or Luminar.

12. Sarawak

Sarawak Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I had a look at Raw Therapee after an earlier recommendation. My word it is slow. Glacial in fact. I've never fully processed an image yet. I just keep giving up in frustration. I'm on the latest versions yet it takes over 30 seconds to load a file, and any amendments take so long that I'm never sure if they have worked, so do them again. Then I have to undo one of them. far too much trouble coming from lightning fast Lightroom 6.

13. GregWard

GregWard Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

In my cynical way I had assumed there was absolutely nothing to debate here?! I'm confidently assuming that there is less than zero possibility that the X-T3 will be supported (at least directly) by LR6. There's a possibility (though even here I'm not at all confident) that LR6 can be spoofed into working with the files by changing the EXIF. But I think this too is unlikely as the sensor is genuinely different.

pixelstate likes this.
  14. YogiMik

YogiMik Premium Member

-Return to Top-

There always will come a new player to fill the empty spot, until they grow fat, become too lazy, and therefore too greedy.
    The new generations are always more clever, than the old, and too conservative ones.
    And, the new players are always hungry. The fatties are not. They have no spirit, that is replaced with arrogance, and sheer stupidity . . :cool:

15. John Criminger

John Criminger Member

-Return to Top-

Windows Explorer would show X-T1 RAW thumbnails, but it won't show the X-T2 RAW thumbnails.