This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T2 or X-Pro2

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by intheviewfinder, Oct 10, 2018.

1. intheviewfinder

intheviewfinder Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Lots of food for thought folks!

Currently the X-Pro2 is edging out the X-T2...

X-Pro2 seems from testimony that layout and battery life is better. X-Pro2 advocates really like the hybrid finder, especially the OVF. On the other hand many seem to indicate that the EVF is just not as good as the X-T2.
    Good point @cug about my use of the EVF.
    A note about glasses... I wear them but I have never been able to satisfactorily see through any camera viewfinders with them. Over the years I have develop a method to take them off to utilize the viewfinder. I have retainers so I can drop the glasses as I put the camera to my eyes.

While I like the articulated screen on the X-T2, I find actually use of it to be minimal. I'm a viewfinder kind of guy, still it can be handy.

Even though the X-pro2 has the edge it seems that the X-T2 is more versatile. Other than about a month with an early version of the X-Pro1 (which was just an ok experience) I probably need to rent a X-Pro2 (as someone suggested).

Thanks for all the comments! I really do appreciate it.
    --Rich

PS Someone mentioned the X-T20 unfortunately it is not weatherized which puts it out of the running.

2. intheviewfinder

intheviewfinder Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yesterday during the rainiest part of the day I went to Hunt's Photo & Video flagship store in Melrose, Ma which is ~50 miles away. Had the sales person haul out the two cameras and compared them. With primes and the samples of the two zooms I own. Luckily I knew the fellow behind the counter and he let me play and only offered an opinion when asked.

I now have a better appreciation of the EVF differences, lens balance, and control placement. No one mentioned the menu changes (which are generally good) form the current cameras I own. I caught onto the new menus pretty quickly, though a few things took a bit to find and I needed assistance.

In any case the X-T2 has the edge and I'll probably purchase one soon.

Thanks for the help folks!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM
    cug likes this.