This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T100 Experience

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by jmichaelmorgan, Jul 10, 2018 at 5:25 PM.

1. jmichaelmorgan

jmichaelmorgan New Member

-Return to Top-

I bought the new camera immediately on release, because I was attracted by its reasonable cost considering specifications, plus I wanted another Fuji to augment my X100T. I also use a Panasonic GX7 with a collection of prime and zoom lens. I wasn’t expecting such sharp images I’m seeing with the 15-45mm kit lens, nor was I expecting to see such outstanding jpeg image quality out of camera. I’ve not used RAW yet. On the negative but “can live with it” side, the zoom ring on the kit lens is very fidgety to adjust. I also wish there was a way to show the focal length being used in real time. I’d like to learn what other X-T100 camera owners think. What user issues might be fixed or reduced with firmware updates. In sum, overall I’m personally very satisfied using the camera with kit lens and glad I have it. If interested, I have image examples on my Please login or register to view links.

2. Alex Cremers

Alex Cremers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Things that must be improved:

-The EVF is soft for those who wear glasses. None of the diopter values help.
    - When subject moves (flowers, for instance) while making the photo, the photo looks warped.
    - A couple of times the startup time lasted forever.

3. Tilphot

Tilphot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Were you using the electronic shutter?

4. Alex Cremers

Alex Cremers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, electronic shutter at 1/125.

5. Tilphot

Tilphot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Then it‘s most likely not camera-specific. Look for „rolling shutter“ - lots of threads on this forum!

jmichaelmorgan likes this.
  6. jmichaelmorgan

jmichaelmorgan New Member

-Return to Top-

Noticed the same thing with the EVF. I wear glasses. Haven’t seen the warping nor slow start up.

7. EOBeav

EOBeav Member

-Return to Top-

It's never a bad thing when you pick something up and it exceeds your expectations. I was sort of critical of it when it first came out, irrationally, of course, because it was being compared to the X-T20 when it is clearly different. All that aside, I can see the market they were trying to get at, and they probably won some converts over because of it. Glad you're having a good experience with it.

8. rhom

rhom Member

-Return to Top-

Had my X-T100 for a week and am very happy with it so far. I bought it body-only and shoot it with my XF lenses. I have been impressed with its RAW images, they look excellent to me, even compared to those from my X-Pro2 (RAW converter is Iridient X-Transformer, then imported into Lightroom). Might be my imagination, but this camera's battery life seems to be noticeably better than my X-Pro2 (and former X-T2).

I love the size of the X-T100 and will use it for overseas travel as well as a backup. It may be a budget Fuji, but it certainly is not a stripped down model and it has produced some wonderful images.

Compressed RAW and UHS II SD card suport would be nice additions, IMO.

9. exaggerated perspectives

exaggerated perspectives Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Had a short hands on today, very impressed!
    Seems somehow more solid than the X-T20, more dense if you know what I mean?
    Viewfinder seemed a bit pokey but then it's a while since I had my X-T10 and I wear glasses now.
    Build quality seems very high with barely a crack visible between the flash housing and the body, very nice indeed, initial pressions are that it feels slightly better in hand than the X-T10 did.
    Nice camera, the only pause for me being that I have now tailored my workflow to Xtrans but maybe I could just leave the iridient step out?

10. Doug Pardee

Doug Pardee Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Reliable reports indicate that the X-T100 sensor is far worse with rolling shutter than the X-Trans sensors are.

11. Stu

Stu Member

-Return to Top-

Just ordered an XT-100 with the 15-45 lens. I was looking seriously at this model and then a special 20% Ebay discount did it for me.
    I'm planning to sell the 15-45 as I have a 16-50, a 10-24 and an 18-55 in the family. It will be interesting to see what someone will buy the 15-45 for......I expect the second hand market will eventually be awash with them but at the moment they seem to be selling new for around a silly $400 AUD
    I've been using an XT-10 for a while and when I looked at the XT100 by comparison I realized I don't use the XT-10s AEL AFL buttons much ....similarly the front dial....and I don't do a lot of burst shooting.
    So in my book,the XT-100 mainly had pluses.......New, no stuck-on thumb-grip to fall off, 24Mp, interested to use a Fuji Bayer sensor, touch screen, bluetooth and importantly the two way flippy LCD.
    I seem to mostly use the real screen when I can so a flippy screen is a must.....but not for selfies, so that feature on the XT-100 left me uninterested.
    And then I realized the sideways screen can be tilted just a bit, like the XT-2 making it ideal holding it in portrait orientation.
    One question I have though.......looking at a side shot of the body it looks to me as if the screw-in hand grip has to cover the USB etc connection cover? Sure hope not!
    Also.....looking for a tempered glass LCD protector.....not much about yet but some Ebay sellers are advertising protectors to fit XT- 100, XT-10 etc.....So is the screen the same size as the XT-10?

12. rhom

rhom Member

-Return to Top-

I am a X-T100 owner and use the screw-in grip. It does not block or cover the connection cover.

13. SRFOTO.SE

SRFOTO.SE Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Previously I have owned an X70 and an X-T10. I was pleased with both but sold each one in the end. I loved the Fuji system because of the image quality and portability. Today I use nikon but my current camera feels to big for street photography. I'm interested in buying a Fuji camera again.

The X-T20 is a bit expensive and no X70 used at the market here. But I've been watching a lot on the X-T100.
    - It's beautiful
    - 24 mpx
    - Tilt & touchscreen
    - better battery life than the other two in this post
    - USB charging & Bluetooth
    - film simulations.

Is there anything I will miss from the X-T10? The X-T100 will also be used as my primary landscape camera.

14. Stu

Stu Member

-Return to Top-

A couple of buttons and the front dial which, as I mentioned above, I can live without.

I mainly concentrate on landscape/cityscapes so I see few downsides and a lot more advantages.

15. Stu

Stu Member

-Return to Top-

Is there anything I will miss from the X-T10? The X-T100 will also be used as my primary landscape camera.[/QUOTE]

A couple of buttons and the front dial which, as I mentioned above, I can live without.

I mainly concentrate on landscape/cityscapes so I see few downsides and a lot more advantages.

16. EOBeav

EOBeav Member

-Return to Top-

1. Study up on the difference between the two sensors. The X-T100 does not have the same one as the X-T2/X-T20.
    2. Decide if you can live without the Acros film simulation.

17. EOBeav

EOBeav Member

-Return to Top-

1. Study up on the difference between the two sensors. The X-T100 does not have the same one as the X-T2/X-T20.
    2. Decide if you can live without the Acros film simulation.

18. rhom

rhom Member

-Return to Top-

A pre-owned X-T10 was my first Fuji and I enjoyed it. I've had my X-T100 for two weeks and I absolutely love this camera. Small, solid, quick operation, great flip LCD, and simple to use. I don't shoot video or fast moving action. Landscapes, cityscapes, people and travel scenes are what I shoot with the X-T100. At the moment and given these subjects, I cannot think of any X-T10 feature that I don't have or that I miss.

Hope that this helps.

SRFOTO.SE likes this.
  19. SRFOTO.SE

SRFOTO.SE Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks a lot. What do you think of the sensor? Does it produce nice images for street, landscape etc.

20. SRFOTO.SE

SRFOTO.SE Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yeah every study I can make that I've done. The only thing that I'm wondering about is, will I feel disappointed with the bayer 24 mpx vs x-trans 16 mpx?