This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dr.S

Dr.S Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Here are the external changes what I would like to see on X-PRO3

1) Invert the viewfinder selector lever (similar to X100) with only 2 positions: OVF/EVF
    2) The Fn2 button (positioned in the viewfinder selector lever) should be assignable to pop up/down the electronic rangefinder display (ERF) as the lever has now only 2 positions.
    3) Replace the Metering button (on the back) with a 2 or 3 position rotating switch (for SPOT, MULTI eventual CENTER WEIGHTED metering) with an inside positioned push button assignable for AE-L. (hint Sony a7II)
    4) Please remove the AF-L & Q buttons from the thumb rest and leave it clean.

2. Spock66

Spock66 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I would like to see:
    1. IBIS from the XH 1
    2. Improved battery life
    3. Next generation sensor circa 36mp
    4. Option to select ISO using the front dial

3. cpu8088

cpu8088 Active Member

-Return to Top-

viewfinder magnification of x-pro2 is 0.59.

i prefer at least 0.75 like in x-t3.

cug likes this.
  4. pointreyes

pointreyes Premium Member

-Return to Top-

An articulating high resolution LCD - not for vlogging but so that I can flip the screen into the back of the camera and simply not have LCD. When I'm using the OVF/EVF, I rely on making menu adjustments through it as well. When I rely on the LCD (shoot from the hip or lower positions), simply twist it back into position.

Ish likes this.
  5. kcg

kcg Premium Member

-Return to Top-

+1 for numbers 1 and 2.

6. cug

cug Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hmm. I had an X-Pro2 for a while, but the thing that really annoyed me was the teeny tiny EVF (and OVF for most lenses). I mostly liked the handling and ergonomics, although I missed a grip, but didn't want to use the ArcaSwiss one as it made the camera bulky.

So, for me, it would be:
    • Sensor from X-T3
    • Processor from X-T3
    • The above two mean it is possible to add all the AF features from the X-T3
    • New battery to get longer life, I don't care whether I have 10 old ones sitting on a shelf here, I'm happy to pay for some new ones with double the capacity
    • EVF with at least 0.7x magnification, I don't care for the OVF, could stay right as it is for the folks who like it as long as the EVF gets bigger
    That would be it for me. Oh, and bring a 70mm f/2 lens in the same quality as the 50/2. That would mean I could have a 16/2.8, 35/1.4 (the 35/2 is just not good enough), 70/2 kit and get rid of all my other Fuji gear.

blacksheep and Ish like this.
  7. Ish

Ish Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'd like:
    • EVF with the same magnification or thereabouts of the X-T line
    • sensor from the X-T3
    • processor from the X-T3
    • articulating screen
    • ability to change the ISO via the front wheel—heck, never mind that, there's no real reason why it shouldn't be on the XP2
    • diopter control like X100F. I've got my XP2 one taped down because it gets knocked too much on the outside corner
    • lockable exposure compensation dial
    For myself, I don't want 36MP. It's much to easy to get pictures that are slightly unsharp. The EVF magnification and rear screen would be enough to make me change to the T but I don't like the SLR styling.

8. blacksheep

blacksheep Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What cug said plus focus bracketing.