This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-H1 Firmware v1.10 release - any good???

Discussion in 'X-H1' started by pszilard, Jun 13, 2018.

1. pszilard

pszilard RemektekMedia.com

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links
    and Please login or register to view links
    I downloaded it, but scared to install in case it makes things worse! Anyone tried it yet???

2. bat1959

bat1959 New Member

-Return to Top-

Go for it. I'm installing mine when I get home from work in about 3 hours. Fingers crossed I've never had a problem with any of my Firmware updates.

3. Macmodus

Macmodus FujiFilm.. what else!

-Return to Top-

I do not see any reason why you should not update the X-H1.
    I have done it myself. And I'm going to test out outdoors.

But I have full confidence that this is good.

4. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Me too why wouldn't you?

5. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

Worse than what?

6. kcg

kcg Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Remember V4.0 for the XT2. I always let someone else test new firmware before installing it myself.

7. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

But this is for the X-H1 not the X-T2!! Nothing to do with update V4!

8. pointreyes

pointreyes Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I always backup the previous firmware update. Planning to apply the new update sometime today.

9. Cary Lee

Cary Lee Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'm waiting at least 30 days before I update both my XT2 and XH1. I had lockup problems on the V4.0 on Xt2 so after going back to v4.01 there is no need to hurry for the update till everything gets the all clear. My XH1 has everything I need right now that the XT2 will get if all goes well.

10. pszilard

-Return to Top-

Installed it. So far no issues.

11. kcg

kcg Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Understood. My point is, if Fuji can make a mistake with XT2, the same is possible with XH1. Human error is always, however slight, a possibility.

ru2far2c likes this.
  12. Rand47

Rand47 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, they can. And when they do they either fix it quickly, or as in the case of the X-T2 they put out a factory roll-back to the previous firmware while they fix the problem. So, you can either have the bug fixes and enhancements now, and enjoy them, or you can wait around without them and see what happens. This is a personal decision. There isn't anyone who can make it for you, and when you ask this "very often asked question" you will get 80% responses in the affirmative, and 20% responses in the negative. Typical pareto principle distribution and of no real value in your decision making.

But having said that, here's my take on it. If you're a working professional with gigs in the queue, where faulty firmware updates might kill you... it might pay to be ultra conservative because literally hours or a day or two could be costly. If you're an amateur where it really doesn't matter all that much (unless you're leaving for your once in a life time trip to Africa tomorrow, or something like that), there's no real reason to wait for the unwashed masses to report in on the firmware.

I just updated my X-H1 and so far the only thing I notice is that the AF is even a bit faster and more positive in low light.

Rand

ru2far2c, liggy and Macmodus like this.
  13. Mr SMW

Mr SMW Triple Platinum Member

-Return to Top-

I normally wait at least a few weeks before doing firmware updates but took a punt on this one as I have a 3 day job starting tomorrow.

Didn't notice anything much with a quick play and probably won't over the next few days as I never have with any previous firmware update!

I'm sure things are snappier if they say they are etc, but I've never really seen anything that noticeable. Maybe that's just me though...

Just did my newly acquired XT2 also as that was on V2.nothing. Previous owner never used it I think...

14. Mr SMW

Mr SMW Triple Platinum Member

-Return to Top-

Oh and Rand, that's a good point about being conservative...and I normally am, but have an XT20 back up body in my bag ready to go at a moments notice so OK with the risk.

I'm sure with the few recent blips and the delay (?) with these particular updates, they might have been a tad more meticulous...

15. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

Which is why the release was delayed to recheck the update! I expect you’re being overly pessimistic. I think you will find that is not the first X-T2 firmware cockup!

16. ru2far2c

ru2far2c Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've had a some issues with my 60mm macro focusing. Having said that I'm not using my H-1 daily either. So I can afford to wait a few weeks to see if there is an update for the update. Like other have said I usually wait a bit before update firmware and OS. Even though most manufactures are pretty quick with fixes these day.

17. ru2far2c

ru2far2c Premium Member

-Return to Top-

How about improvements?

18. andreleon

andreleon New Member

-Return to Top-

installed it . Works fine .

19. LBIsackson

LBIsackson Member

-Return to Top-

So far no problems... had one error come up when using the 80 mm, lost contact with lens or something to that effect. Tried to replicate the issue I couldn’t make it happen again. I have been playing around with focus bracketing it is very smooth and easy to use on the 80 mm.

20. pszilard

-Return to Top-

I had 2 failures to power on yesterday. Both were fixed by pulling out the battery grip's tray and then reinserting. No idea if that relates to the firmware, but it happened when I frequently turned the camera on/off, so from then on I made sure that the off time was at least 30 secs. in case the camera cpu needed to do a clean shutdown and reboot.

Otherwise AF and IBIS both seem incredible. I was on the harbour ferry shooting handheld video at night at 1/25sec shutter and got great video at 4k. I reckon that the H1 is better than the Sony 7iii, however I accept that many people might think the opposite.

Trev likes this.