This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-E3 touch screen and EVF

Discussion in 'X-E1, X-E2, X-E2S and X-E3' started by gooky1, Nov 13, 2017 at 2:27 AM.

1. gooky1

gooky1 Member

-Return to Top-

Hi all,
    I only had a short time playing with the X-E3 in the shop and the touch screen 4 way swipe functions took a little while to get use to but seem to work fine while using the LCD.

I couldn’t however get it to work while using the EVF. Perhaps I needed to configure the camera first.

Can anyone let me know if the 4 way swipe functions of the touch screen work when you are using the EVF? As I tend to shoot with eye sensor + EVF only, it’ll be annoying if the 4 way swipe functions only work while looking at the LCD.

Thanks
    Andy

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

Page 3 of the review
    Please login or register to view links
    Please login or register to view links

3. gooky1

gooky1 Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks Richard_R.

I’m interested to know that when you are looking through the EVF, does the 4 direction swipe work ie does the function mapped to each direction appears in the EVF?

Thanks

4. redsim74

redsim74 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What Richard was pointing out, was that there is a menu setting that controls that functionality.

I can confirm on my X-E3 that the swipe functions do work while using the EVF – I have the menu configured to use the right side of the screen. It can also be set to off.

5. gooky1

gooky1 Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry for the late reply - thank you both for your help.