This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 Macro

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Forum' started by EOBeav, Oct 10, 2018.

1. EOBeav

EOBeav Active Member

-Return to Top-

I've been in the market for a mid-rage macro lens for awhile and just saw this one pop up on KEH. I went ahead and ordered it after some initial research online. From what I'm reading it's fairly sharp and has some nice bokeh in the right conditions. It's also reasonably fast so it can potentially double as a good portrait lens. Does anybody have any experience with this lens and can add to this information? I'm looking forward to getting it and messing around with it for awhile. If it doesn't work out, I can always sell it off. Thanks for whatever comments and suggestions you might have.

2. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

It's a cracking lens - I have one. 1:1 macro and very sharp - also a competent 55mm general purpose lens.

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

Good bokeh too

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    EOBeav likes this.
  3. Alex Cremers

Alex Cremers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I bought mine for 50 Euro and for that price you can't go wrong. Lens feels very well made, and when close enough to the subject, an aperture of 2.8 still provides for a very shallow DOF.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    EOBeav likes this.
  4. EOBeav

EOBeav Active Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks, I'm looking forward to this lens even more now!