This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Updating Godox TT685F for X-T2

Discussion in 'Fuji X Flash and Artificial Lighting (LED, etc.)' started by kcg, Dec 5, 2017.

1. kcg

kcg Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Having updated my X-T2 to the latest firmware, My Godox TT685F are not working properly. Godox site shows for TT685F update must be download along with G1 firmware. I have downloaded both but am unable to open either.When I double click I am asked what program should I open them with.
    Has anyone completed this upgrade? If so would be kind enough to send this 77 yo step by step instructions on how to do the update. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide.

2. PXLPEEPR

PXLPEEPR New Member

-Return to Top-

This is from the Godox website:
    "If your system can not extract compressed .man files, then you can simply rename the files to .rar."

Hope changing the file extension works for you.
    John

3. FredGUnn

FredGUnn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It worked fine for me. Download the G1 software and install it. If you are on Windows you may need to download a program that can open the .rar files. There are plenty but WinRAR is one with a fully functional free trial. If you needed to unpack the .rar file, do that now and then install G1. Download the TT685 firmware and unpack the rar file. Connect the TT685F via USB, wait for the driver to install (if needed), then open G1. Click the English button (or at least I had to do that) then select the file TT685F_V1.1.fri that you unpacked from the firmware .rar file. Hit Connect then Upgrade and the flash should upgrade in a few seconds. Hope that helps!

4. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

This software will NOT work on a Mac.
    Contact Godox and complain if you are using Mac as it needs to be addressed.

If you are on Windows then make sure you have the correct drivers downloaded and installed.

5. jcbgator

jcbgator Premium Member

-Return to Top-

This video updates the firmware for a Nikon version, but the steps for the Fuji version are the same. Remember this sofware only works on a Windows machine.

Hope this helps...

jknights likes this.
  6. ojporqpojrewpo

ojporqpojrewpo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Godox does good flashes but the upgrade process is terrible and confusing. They need the same process like Cactus where you plug in the devices start the software and everything else is automatic. Olympus camera updates are nice too. Fuji could learn too.

jknights likes this.
  7. jknights

-Return to Top-

Couldnt agree more.
    My Cactus units are child's play to update.

ojporqpojrewpo likes this.
  8. mikegee

mikegee Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Have flash on and via USB plugged in to computer, firmware update file in same folder as the Godox software and start the program. The program should find the flash and firmware.

9. ojporqpojrewpo

-Return to Top-

I have no problem with the procedure but I doubt a lot of normal users will be able to figure it out.

10. jknights

-Return to Top-

Wont work if you are a Mac user! Needs Windows to works.

11. kcg

kcg Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Have tried everything mentioned from above members. I am using MacBook Pro with parallels and win10. Downloaded to my windows hard drive in downloads. When I try to open I am asked if I want to convert to text file, spread sheet or HMTL. I have tried all three and only get errors for each.
    Files are not extensions but man files. Unable to change them.
    When I updated my X1T several weeks ago I had no such problem.

12. ojporqpojrewpo

-Return to Top-

It works with a VM. It's always good to have one around.

inkista likes this.
  13. ojporqpojrewpo

-Return to Top-

Rename the file to the extension "rar" and uncompress it.

14. jknights

-Return to Top-

Yes but luckily I have a Surface Pro 4 to use as I use my VM for very specific testing of new apps that I need to be able to have in a pristine environmnt. Not many users will want to build a VM or download one for such a simple task. Godox just need to port their app to Mac.

15. ojporqpojrewpo

-Return to Top-

Agreed. They need a Mac version and make it easier to use. I can't imagine that a regular user will figure out the current process.

jknights likes this.
  16. trainer

trainer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I upgraded my flashes but I am not sure why. :) Does anyone have an explanation on the two new custom functions,...wireless ID and Slave LED?

17. kcg

kcg Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Sounds good but unfortunately I am far from a computer expert. Can you tell me how to do is?

18. inkista

inkista Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Wireless ID only works with an XPro trigger. It lets you add a 2-digit ID code, to avoid interference with other folks using Godox gear on the same channel in your vicinity. Think of it turning your 32 RF channels into 3200 virtual/digital channels. So, for example, if you were planning on going to the Olympics where everyone uses radio triggers in the same place, you don't need Please login or register to view links any more. However. This only works if both the trigger and the flash is capable of the function, so I'm out of luck, since I also have two TT600s in the mix. [sigh]. (Canon shooters are used to this feature, since the Canon -RT system includes four-digit ID codes).

The Slave LED function is so we can FREAKING FINALLY turn off those red LEDs on the front that continually blink to indicate the flash is in RF slave mode. :)

I can confirm that, at least with the XPro-C and TT685C I have, that with the updates, both functions work.

I also did all my firmware upgrades on a MacBook Pro, using a Bootcamp Windows 10 install. Sure, it's a PITA, but it's not brain surgery, either, to upgrade Godox gear with only a Mac.

19. trainer

trainer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Many thanks for the information. All is clear now.