This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Too many lens !

Discussion in 'Native X-Mount Lens Forum' started by Claude, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Claude

Claude Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

OOpps did something wrong. Anyway Nice looking dog.
    Ours is Diesel, 10 years and still with us

Diesel.jpg

Finder likes this.
  2. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I didn't either for a long time. The 18-55 & 55-200 were all I really needed (and likely still is).

Then these forums with all the blubbering over the 16, 35, 56, & 90 I just had to try one, so I picked up the 16. WOW, now that is a fantastic lens! Caused me to be curious about the others so don't you know it? I now own the 16, 35, and 56 and find they simply make a magnificent set. I had to ponder hard between the 90 and the 80 when the 80 came out and finally settled on the 80, so now when I go out most the time I have those four lenses and love each one of them.

So that's my blubbering for the day :)

Angus likes this.
  3. Finder

Finder Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Diesel looks like a fine dog. I wish him many more years. Our girl is 8 and we are hoping for many more. Our first Newfoundland died at 7 from osteosarcoma--that was hard.

If it is not a Newfoundland, it is just a dog...

4. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Im in total agreement and you have great lenses. I’m looking at getting the 35 f1.4.

I had the 18-55, I thought it was great until I got my first prime, then I sold it.

5. ianpiper

ianpiper Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have the 1.4 trinity (16, 23 and 35) and if I had to lose one it would be the 23mm. The 35mm f1.4 is my single all-time favourite lens and I'm keeping it. I used to have the 14mm f2.8, but the 16mm is much faster and newer technology. I had the 90mm f2 lens but I replaced it with the 80mm f2.8 macro lens; it isn't as fast and maybe not so sharp, but the macro capability is excellent and it's also a good portrait lens.

On the whole, I prefer primes, but to be honest Fuji's zoom lenses are wonderful too. When I started, my first lenses were the 18mm f2, the 35mm f1.4 and the 55-200mm zoom, and these are still my keepers. I could live with selling off all the others, but these three make an excellent basic set of lenses across the range.

If I have a little bit of a gripe about the Fuji lens range, it is that they seem to be getting either heavier and bulkier (the 80mm macro is a good example), or smaller and uglier (the f2 series of WR lenses). Whatever happened to the design philosophy that produced the 18mm f2 and the 35mm f1.4? These are small, light, beautifully designed and give results of unparalleled quality.

Rubyjon and fugu 82-2 like this.
  6. Frank Weiser

Frank Weiser Premium Member

-Return to Top-

And I thought I was the only one who agreed with this statement :)