This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The death of the X-T10, and the end (for some) of an era?

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by The Man With The Red Bag, Jul 11, 2017.

1. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I don't know about the U.K. but over here it's in stock at all the usual dealers.

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

You are saying different things.
    Being in stock and no longer being made are two completely different statements that bear no relationship to each other.

There are dealers here in Melbourne who have X-Pro1 still in stock brand new. Is somebody going to try to argue that that means they are still being manufactured?

Colin B likes this.
  3. merosen

merosen Active Member

-Return to Top-

4. robert

-Return to Top-

Only Fuji knows what is being currently manufactured. The point is that the model is not discontinued. It's still on the price lists as a current model.

So are the following 16mp models:

X70
    X100T
    X-A2
    X-A10
    X-E2
    X-E2S
    X-T10
    X-T1

5. Colin B

Colin B New Member

-Return to Top-

Perhaps the Fujifilm UK site is different in that you can actually buy directly from them instead of being re directed to suppliers. I have no doubt that the E2S, T10 and T1 are available from "suppliers" in the UK and worldwide but as of yesterday they are no longer available from the UK Fujifilm shop. They have been available for the last few months on the UK site as I have been watching with the intent of buying an X-T1 when the price dropped. This forum will not let me post a direct link to the UK Fujifilm store it marks it as "spam" ! But you can put shop.fujifilm.co.uk in your browser and it should resolve it..You have to select new cameras as older versions are available refurbished.
    None of my waffle shows the T10 , T1 E2S being discontinued but if nothing else it seems odd that Fujifilm in the UK do not currently have new copies. They do not show as out of stock ..they are just not there.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  6. gyoung

gyoung Active Member

-Return to Top-

The uk fujifilm site has links to six retailers who have them, Amazon uk also has them. But as I said before they said back in March that they were no longer being made and they weren't being promoted at the show.

Gerry

7. robert

-Return to Top-

New members have to have several posts before links are allowed.

8. robert

-Return to Top-

You previously used the word 'discontinued' but all the models listed above are still current models. They may be done with new builds and are selling through the inventory, but they are not discontinued.

Back on topic: the X-T10 will continue to be supported and warranted, there is no reason to think otherwise.

I hope this is good news for the OP!

9. gyoung

gyoung Active Member

-Return to Top-

I was quoting what I was told by Fuji uk staff at the show.
    You are playing with semantics, I was told it's no longer being made and was discontinued, but stocks are available at dealers clearly.
    I don't have any definition of 'discontinued', nor an opinion of when it's applied, just quoting a conversation.

Gerry

10. robert

-Return to Top-

It's not semantics, you were given incorrect information as all those 16mp cameras are current models. They clearly wanted to promote the latest models, nothing wrong with that. :)

11. Colin B

Colin B New Member

-Return to Top-

Just to add to this.... I messaged the UK Fujifilm people via their Facebook page earlier today asking if the X-T10 and X-T1 were discontinued.. Their reply is below.

"Hi Colin, The X-T1 and X-T10 were discontinued back in January this year. The Fujifilm shop has gone through a bit of a refresh in the past few days which has given us an opportunity to update the products it was showing as well."

12. mikEm13

mikEm13 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If that is correct then I guess their discontinued in the UK.

13. Threaded

Threaded Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

According to Fujirumors today, the XT1 and XT10 are definitely discontinued worldwide and listed as such on Fuji's website in Japan - http://www.**************/fujifilm-...nal-farewell-camera-changed-fujifilms-future/

Interestingly neither the XE2S or original XE2 are on that list. I wonder if Fuji are simply holding back that news until the X-E3 is confirmed. It's certainly hard to argue that the X-E2 is a current model.

To the op - don't worry - Fuji UK offer a good repair service for all models, in fact they still repair X-Pro1's (discontinued for more than a year now) for a flat fee of £140 which includes a new 12 month guarantee on the whole camera.

Edit - ugh - I keep forgetting about the pointless feud between this site and fuji rumours. I'm sure you can google the story instead..

14. JeffLiban

JeffLiban Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I love my X-T10 and I don't see myself upgrading to the X-T20, perhaps the X-T30.
    Though why Fujifilm completely stopped FW updates for more than a year while the X-T1 kept updated???
    It would be nice to give us compressed Raf for example

15. sandroamt

sandroamt Active Member

-Return to Top-

I agree and I add: it would be nice flash hss support and, even more, supporting the synchronization on the second curtain with external flashes

16. Threaded

-Return to Top-

I think you have to be a little realistic - the X-T1 was priced and sold as a pro machine, and served as a flagship for two years, I daresay the price Fuji set included a fair bit of firmware development that they expected to take place through the life of the product, to (a) satisfy their more demanding, higher spending customers and (b) keep the model competitive on the market.

The XT10 was a much more keenly priced product, with a shorter lifespan on the market, and likely much less margin to be spent on firmware improvements - it may have benefited from some trickledown from the X-T1 etc but that will have ended as soon as the X-T2 came out effectively.

If it makes you feel any better, the X-T1 really hasn't seen any significant updates in quite a while either.

17. sandroamt

sandroamt Active Member

-Return to Top-

And maybe the x-t1 don't see any other improvement too: I heard rumors about x-t1 discontinued as well as x-t10 and other 16MP x-seris just now!

18. Threaded

-Return to Top-

Yes, they are all finished now and I wouldn't expect any more updates for anything that's not X-Trans III based. All the firmware development will have moved onto the newer processor and platform I should think.

19. mikEm13

mikEm13 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

This Fuji site says something very different. Specifications (Discontinued Models) : X Series | Fujifilm Global

EDIT: Let me add this to my post. IF these are really discontinued then I believe Fuji is giving the dealers a time frame to sell their current stock at the current pricing before the official USA announcement that they are discontinued.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. Threaded

-Return to Top-

I think that's very likely. It's a given that these cameras have stopped production now and we know that stocks of the 16mp sensor will be limited to some degree, it's obvious that they are discontinued in all but name, but in territories where there may still be significant stocks still sitting on shelves it makes sense not to broadcast that too openly.