This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Temporary White Viewfinder XE2

Discussion in 'X-E1, X-E2, X-E2S, X-E3' started by runswithsizzers, Sep 14, 2018.

1. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I was on walkabout with my XE2 yesterday. As is my normal custom: the camera was switched off, my XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 zoom lens was mounted with the lens cap off, camera was hanging at chest level from the neck strap. A couple of times, as I switched the camera on and brought it up to my eye and I noticed the EVF was totally white at first, but gradually came into the expected view within 2 or 3 seconds.

I had not noticed this behavior before.

Problem? Explanation?

2. runswithsizzers

-Return to Top-

Problem continues. I missed several shots today while waiting 3-4 seconds for the image to appear in the viewfinder / LCD.

About 5 days ago I did have the camera and lens out in a light mist, but I dried it off, and used it briefly afterwards without noticing this problem until yesterday.

Has anyone experienced a white viewfinder which gradually transitions to normal over several seconds?

3. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Gary, I’ve noticed similar when I’ve switched the camera on before removing the lens cap! And yes the VF is slowish to become normal.

Sorry if I’ve got your name wrong. :D

4. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

Gary, I’ve noticed similar when I’ve switched the camera on before removing the lens cap! And yes the VF is slowish to become normal.

Sorry if I’ve got your name wrong. :D

runswithsizzers likes this.
  5. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

Mods please remove the multiple posts, sorry.

6. runswithsizzers

-Return to Top-

Mike, You are correct, I can reproduce the "problem" if I turn the camera on with the lens cap in place and then remove it.

I've had this camera for over a year, so I can't believe I just now noticed this. Probably because I almost never leave the lens cap on when I'm in photography mode, or I've somehow deviated from my usual routine of: cap off first, then turn camera on. I was afraid the camera was developing a problem, but perhaps it's normal behavior.