This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Share Your First Fuji (old-school)

Discussion in 'Other Cameras' started by jpetrisko, Oct 12, 2017.

1. jpetrisko

jpetrisko Member

-Return to Top-

My first Fuji. A Fujica ST701 I borrowed from my dad in 1983 (and never gave back).
    [​IMG]
    The original spec lithium batteries haven't been available for years, but there were some workarounds. Unfortunately the light meter has just stopped working, so I think this one may be relegated to wall-hanging duty — unless I master the "sunny 16" rule and all its offspring.

The Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 still gets some use on my newer x-series bodies ... and is a joy to use when shooting video.

Any other really old-school Fuji users?

2. Narsuitus

Narsuitus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fujica ST705 black body with 50mm Fujinon f/1.4

Fujica ST705 chrome body with 28mm Vivitar f/2.5

135mm f/3.5 Fujinon (not shown)

Last I checked, the meters worked. However, I prefer to use hand held light meters.

Please login or register to view links

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

jpetrisko likes this.
  3. jpetrisko

jpetrisko Member

-Return to Top-

Nice! That Fujinon 50mm is a gem. I really wish I still had my M42 Fujinon 50mm (I think it was an f1.8), but the aperture stopped working in the mid 90s.

In addition to that ST701, I've got a Pentax Spotmatic that's still fully functional, but the meter in the ST701 (when it was working) was way more responsive, and the stop-down metering was implemented way better on the Fuji.

Side note: I have a pretty shockingly accurate light meter app for my iphone called "pocket light meter". Worth checking out for all you external light meter guys.

4. PixelPincher

PixelPincher Active Member

-Return to Top-

Sadly no longer, my st605n with 55mm f2.2 was my first proper camera back in the 70's.
    There wasn't a lot of choice for my budget and it was either the Fujica, the Zenit, or the Praktica.
    What finally did it for me was the, if memory serves, 160th flash sync.
    Lovely piece of kit.

FujicaSt605N.jpg

jpetrisko likes this.