This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Not a bad day

Discussion in 'General' started by tijuana taxi, Jun 12, 2018.

1. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Taken yesterday 11/06/18 at Anglesey Abbey, Cambridgeshire, UK with X-Pro2 and 18-55mm
    Some nice Roses, but posted more to show it doesn't always rain in England, 24c and clear yesterday.

Nice day.jpg

DFW, rayvonn and Mike Gorman like this.
  2. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Too neat to be my garden that’s for sure. The humble 18-55 2.8/4 ain’t so so humble after all as you depict and I’m rapidly finding out. Nice one tt.

3. tijuana taxi

-Return to Top-

Thanks Mike, that's the sort of garden you get when visitors are charged fifteen quid to look round it, i'd be lucky to get fifteen pence for inspecting my "natural garden"

Must say I have nothing but good things to say about the 18-55, only slight weakness is at the full 55mm, not that unusual for many zoom lenses.
    Before I got the 10-24 I used it in conjunction with a 14mm when travelling, even share a hood which is handy.

Mike Gorman likes this.
  4. Beaumont

Beaumont Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Nice shot.
    I use my 18 - 55 constantly.
    Fifteen quid seems a bit steep to look around the place. I have not visited "The Old Country" for a good few years so I guess I would be surprised at the inflation.

tijuana taxi likes this.
  5. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

And somebody has to buy the deckchairs!

tijuana taxi likes this.
  6. tijuana taxi

-Return to Top-

National Trust properties are always expensive, they used to do a gardens only ticket here for about six quid, but now its gardens and house for fifteen.
    If you go often to their properties the yearly membership is probably worth getting, but i'm a very infrequent visitor to any of the NT estates.

7. Sarawak

Sarawak Member

-Return to Top-

Plus in quite a few tourist honeypots - Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorks Moors the National Trust have car paks in all the best places. Members park for free, which is a considerable saving in both cash and shoe leather from the more distant and free car parks.