This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by fujitastic, Sep 13, 2018.

1. fujitastic

fujitastic Member

-Return to Top-

Hi,

Being a new member, it asked for a self introduction....Hello!
    Seriously, I turned to the site a few times as a "get me out of jail" card to find info on X cameras and what do you know? A lot of seriously good info on here which has helped a lot. Namely shortcuts around the XT1 menu system and operations.
    Looking forward to being involved. If anyone has any tips about the XT1 set and usage (out of the norm), would be interested to hear.

fujitastic.

gduncanson likes this.
  2. Blazer

Blazer Fuji Commander

-Return to Top-

Hello Fujitastic and welcome to the home of the X-family!

3. Aphotographer

Aphotographer Premium Member

Logtown, CA (Northern Foothills of the Sierras

-Return to Top-

One tip I got for sharpness applies to Lightroom processing. It was recommended to push the Detail slider all the way to 100 and then bring up the masking slider to taste.

4. fujitastic

fujitastic Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks.
    Pete Bridgewood, writes for outdoor photog......saw it on his blog. I find it depends on the type of micro detail in the photo. 100 sometimes makes no more difference than 50. So I generally set 50 first.
    More detail, less amount is needed I find, which I’d say has to be a good thing.
    I think for later sensors he is advocating no more than 50.

New tip. Damien Lovegrove.....have NR set to -2. And he is darned right. Probably you will find the detail slider needing going up a bit now though than you may have had before. And the -2 could well have led to the detail slider finding.

Photos certainly look all the better for it.

REQUEST:

Anyone know how to stop the date, time, etc flashing up continually at certain points. Moving aperture to A or back off it is certainly one action.
    I have cleared off as many distractions from the EVF, but that still persists.