This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

My first trip with my complete equipment - WOW!

Discussion in 'General' started by SRFOTO.SE, Jul 16, 2017.

1. SRFOTO.SE

SRFOTO.SE Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

For 10 years, I have not put much emphasis on lightweight equipment, though I understand the benefits of it. I'm used to a heavy body with many heavy lenses. A few months ago, I started walking more in nature along with my newly purchased Jetboil system (compact cooking system) and now realize how comfortable it is with light equipment.

I already have an X-T10 camera with the brilliant 16-50 OIS II lens. I have tried it during my hikes and it is perfect. But I've felt a little limited with the zoom. So I bought a Samyang 12 / 2.0 and a few days ago, I also bought a 50-230 OIS lens and now I've made my first migration with this system and I'm so incredibly pleased with everything. I have filled many focal lengths with low weight and low amount of money.

Here are my pictures from my trip to Leksand here in Sweden.
    Please tell me what you think about my idea of equipment and of course the pictures.

Beautiful view - Samyang 12/2.0 @ f/11 (I got no filter for this yet and I wanted a long exposure)
    DSCF4216.jpg

Love the Fuji colors. 50-230 lens @ 107 mm - f/13.
    DSCF4224.jpg

I also got a opportunity to photograph a tree sparrow. 50-230 mm @ 230 mm f/6.7. Love the bokeh.
    DSCF4251.jpg

Later in the evening, the finest colors arrived. Samyang 12 mm @ f/11.
    DSCF4248.jpg

The golden hour. 50-230 mm lens @ 85 mm f/13.
    DSCF4257.jpg

Carolyn and Untxizuria like this.
  2. capra

capra Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Lighter equipment is always a good idea and your presentation shows a good start with the Fuji equipment. In particular images # 1 and 2 are nice. The images 1, 2 and 4 would profit from a graduated filter, since the sky of images 1 and 2 is a bit flat and the sky of #4 altogether without any color. In addition to that # 4 does not yet show the fine colors you mentioned. Did you make any post processing or are the images ooC.

SRFOTO.SE likes this.