This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Manual Focus Primer

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Forum' started by Ofafeather, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Ofafeather

Ofafeather Active Member

-Return to Top-

Awesome. Thanks RnR!

2. Ofafeather

Ofafeather Active Member

-Return to Top-

That's a cool site!

3. boulevardier

boulevardier Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Another method is to use a hyperfocal distance, a suitably narrow aperture, and a wide-ish angle lens. Or to make it more versatile, three Tippex dots on the barrel for close, medium and distant.

4. Ofafeather

Ofafeather Active Member

-Return to Top-

Interesting concepts. Thanks!

I just got my adapters today. Spent a little time cleaning the lenses, which were in much better condition than I originally thought. Then I took a bunch of test shots. Don't have anything to post yet but I think the lenses are all good, probably better than my ability to get sharp focus! To be fair, I was shooting mostly indoors and wide open and I got some good results. I very pleased with the adapters. Both Fotodiox. The fit is perfect. I was a bit concerned with the Nikon because there had been several reports of them fitting too tightly to the lens and then the lens was unable to be removed from the adapter. Fortunately mine fits very well indeed.

My current line-up is:
    Nikkor 24/2.8, 55/3.5 Micro
    Rokkor 58/1.4, 135/2.8

I have a couple of zooms but I'm not sure if they're worth messing with. One is the Nikkor 43-85mm/3.5 and the other is a Nikon mount Vivitar 85-205/3.8
    There may be a Nikkor 50/1.4 which I would love to find. I found the registration and warranty cards filled out for it.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the help. Will post some images later in the week.

Many thanks,
    Eric

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. Ofafeather

Ofafeather Active Member

-Return to Top-

Ah, well, no luck on the Nikkor 50/1.4. Oh well.