This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Loose Hot Shoe?

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by timothysoong, Oct 11, 2017 at 1:20 PM.

1. timothysoong

timothysoong New Member

-Return to Top-

Hey there,

This is my first post here. I'm using a XT1, and its been a white since I last took out my flash, today I tried removing my flash Nissin i40. And when I removed it, the Hot Shoe's metal spring came off. I tried to put it back in, but it end up being loose, is there a way to tighten it, I googled and saw a couple of youtube videos that Canon camera, you can use a screwdriver to tighten it and place the metal spring back and it'll be tight.

But there is no screws on my XT1 hot shoe, any help? Or is there a way I can buy a new metal spring for my hot shoe?

Please help? My flash still works, but the fact that it's loose disturbs me a lot.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. rod.kendall

rod.kendall Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Which part of the hot shoe is loose?

The spring clip is held in place by its shape (and its spring action). You just have to assemble it correctly.

The hot shoe itself is held in place by four screws. They can only be tightened from inside the top cover. Tough! Fuji uses Henkel Loctite 290 during assembly. Seems you have managed to prove Loctite does not always work?