This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Lensbaby Trio 28

Discussion in 'Native X-Mount Lens Forum' started by pixelstate, Aug 12, 2017.

1. pixelstate

pixelstate Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I Recently got my hands on the Lensbaby Trio 28 for Fuji X series. I plan to use this lens for a month or so and post some real world experiences and examples

Please login or register to view links

mostly-photos-11_08_2017-X-T2-0019.jpg

ggweci, F2Bthere and Activatedfx like this.
  2. Activatedfx

Activatedfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I really like this photo. I've had LensBaby's in the past and I usually become bored with the look pretty quickly, but this image "works" for me, particularly with the way you've processed it. Well done.

pixelstate likes this.
  3. pixelstate

-Return to Top-

Thanks... The Trio 28 replicates the Sweet, Velvet and Twist looks of Lensbaby optics but the effects are more subtle than the original lenses. The aperture is fixed f3.5... The Sweet Mode is the easiest to jump straight into and the Bokeh is quite pleasing. This is a JPG straight from Camera using Fuji's ACROS Film Simulation.. love the Fuji's for their out of camera quality :)

4. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Looks like three toy camera lenses in one optic. Except that they are significantly better quality than toy camera lenses while giving you the look. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the three lenses offered.

pixelstate likes this.
  5. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I haven't looked carefully at the Sweet and Twist images, but I have the Velvet 56. The few sample images I have seen from the Trio 28 when set to Velvet do not seem like images taken with the Velvet 56 lens. Admittedly, I have only seen a few samples.

pixelstate likes this.
  6. pixelstate

-Return to Top-

Exactly... quite a neat idea.. I've been blown away by the quality of the lens so far... I have some shots taken straight from camera from my weekly commute and although there are no ward winners there I did find the lens fun to use and it made me think about complimentary subject matter... now, I better get on and write up the first article :)

F2Bthere likes this.
  7. pixelstate

-Return to Top-

I've only taken a couple of shots with the velvet and twist seetings so far... twist is like a more subtle version of the composer type effects...

8. pixelstate

-Return to Top-

I've put together a quick article on the 'Sweet' setting from my morning commute... Please login or register to view links

F2Bthere likes this.
  9. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I like it. Acros is a great choice.

The images display that you are already getting a feel for the lens. Unusual optics have a learning curve and just get better as you use them more.

The only one where it seems a little off for me is the chain. I think the sweet spot needs to be located differently. Maybe a slightly different angle?

Nice use of symmetry and pattern with the bikes. The graffiti with reflection is another great application of the lens.

pixelstate likes this.
  10. pixelstate

-Return to Top-

It will take a while to get the best out of it... to be fair it will take a while to get used to manual focusing :)
    With the chain I was experimenting with off centre focus

F2Bthere likes this.