This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Lens adapter to the GFX

Discussion in 'GFX 50S, GFX 50R' started by Sal patalano, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Mattes

Mattes Active Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, Jonas Rask:
    Please login or register to view links

Best regards
    Matt

2. bobbyzfx

bobbyzfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Wish there were more youtube reviews of various adapters, pros, cons of each. Looks like I just need to buy one and hope it works.

3. Sage

Sage New Member

-Return to Top-

Canon EF and Nikon electronic aperture lenses can keep the same aperture they were at on their native body. With Canon, close down your lens to the desired aperture, then hold the "preview depth of field" button on the front, and dismount the lens. It will keep that aperture.

4. ru2far2c

ru2far2c Premium Member

-Return to Top-

So does anyone own both Fotodiox and Novoflex for the GFX 50S? If so what are your feeling between the two? Am interested in using other makers lens MF (6x4.5 and up) with the the GFX 50R. Taking it that there will not be that much difference if any between the two bodies. Anyone experience any issues besides the one I read about here.

The lenses that interest me most are manual focus anyway and are older. Take leaf shutter lenses may not be easily adapted or function well with flash on GFX bodies. Since both bodies sync at 1/125.

5. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji makes their own Hasselblad adapter so you can use the lenses.

Please login or register to view links

I haven't used it but from the description it seems the leaf shutter can be used with 1/800 flash sync speed.

ru2far2c likes this.
  6. ru2far2c

ru2far2c Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Well that opens up some possibilities for Please login or register to view links glass.

Focus assisting becomes your friend. :)

7. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The Hassy glass is made by Fuji, so it will doubtless be superb (I have not gone and looked at images, so I am just presuming). :)

ru2far2c likes this.
  8. ru2far2c

ru2far2c Premium Member

-Return to Top-

H mount glass was made by Fuji. I was looking at older V mount. Zeiss glass T* etc. There is nothing wrong with Fuji glass.

9. Croxie

Croxie New Member

-Return to Top-

I'm switching from Pentax 645z and have a Fotodiox on order that should be here early next week. Will keep you posted.

I have a few Pentax FA lenses and some that are from a totally different era. A 300/4, preset, manual focus beast, built in Germany and an 800/6.7 Pentax 6x7 lens adapted to P645 that I think will handle to Fotodiox adapter because of the mirrorless 50s. Looking forward to trying that puppy!

10. Danny Burk

Danny Burk New Member

-Return to Top-

I ordered a 50S that will arrive on Monday, and a Techart Canon-to-GFX adapter. I'd seen some complaints about Techart that were posted last year, and was a bit leery of ordering it, but nothing else was in stock. Has anyone heard whether they're still having issues, or has that mostly been cleared up now?