This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Leaning towards X-T20. Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Robert Brummitt, Oct 12, 2017 at 4:38 AM.

1. Robert Brummitt

Robert Brummitt Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I have been saving my pennies, sold some old equipment and now thinking of buying a new X-T20. I like that it offers some of the benefits of the X-T2 but a a lower price. I like that the X20 has the tilting view screen that I can touch where I want to focus and fire the shutter.

I believe that the X20 uses the same batteries as my X=T1 and uses the same X lenses that I have. Makes for easy sharing between the two camera bodies. But I want to be sure that this is the one for me. Maybe you know something I don't? Maybe you like the camera, maybe you don't?

Can you share with me your thoughts ?

Thanks

Robert

2. Neil_42

Neil_42 Member

-Return to Top-

I have an X-T20 and love it. It is a bit smaller and lighter than the X-T2, it has the tilting touch screen that you mention and it is perfectly suited to your lenses and batteries from the X-T1. You will also appreciate the results you get from the 24 megapixel sensor.

Neil

Viewfinder likes this.
  3. visorvet

visorvet Premium Member

-Return to Top-

+1.
    But you should try the camera for yourself. I don’t personally use the touchscreen. I also own the X-T2 but reach for the X-T20 about 90% of the time because of its compact size. The exception is when I’m using the long lenses and shooting action-y things.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 5:16 AM
    CWRailman likes this.
  4. Robert Brummitt

Robert Brummitt Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Is there a grip for the X-T20? I have big hands. I have a power grip for my X-T1 and it works really well for me.

5. liggy

liggy GASaholic Camera Fondler

-Return to Top-

I love my X-T20. The only thing I don't like about it is the touch screen focus. Turned it off.

6. visorvet

visorvet Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Lots of grips, but none that are powered like the vertical grips for X-T1 or X-T2. The ones that fit the X-T10 will also fit the 20.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM
  7. fujixacros

fujixacros Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, the same batteries : NP-W126S or the older NP-W126.
    The Mount is the same X Mount for XF lenses.

No power grip, but the Hand Grip MHG-X10 (Compatibility FUJIFILM X-T20 / X-T10)
    Please login or register to view links

It's seems there is also this one :
    Quick Release L-Bracket Camera Grip Mount For FUJIFILM FUJI X-T20.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 7:25 AM
  8. Tim Sewell

Tim Sewell Active Member

-Return to Top-

Other than the size and the touch screen, the only major issue would be if you're looking to do much video. While the X-T2's 4K is cropped, the X-T20's is full sensor, but with pixel binning. This has the effect of making the latter camera's 4K slightly less sharp and more prone to moire and aliasing.

CWRailman likes this.
  9. Irene McC

Irene McC Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If you have big hands, try before you buy. I have small hands, but find the dials and buttons a bit problematic
    (keep hitting them inadvertently and thus changing settings).

If the touchscreen is for you, go for it. I switched mine off. The camera's image results are excellent.