This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

How to get HSS with Godox X1T-F and AD360mki

Discussion in 'Fuji X Flash and Artificial Lighting (LED, etc.)' started by jknights, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Well did the test with my X1T-F with the AD360mki.
    X1T-F works flawlessly except no TTL or HSS on the AD360 mki. It doesnt trigger flash above 1/250 so there goes any chance of HSS. Unless I have missed a setting! I dont have a PC cord socket on my XT16 or XF16 units so couldnt test that.
    I also tried with XT-16 in the hotshoe of the X1T-F and same results.

I cant believe that there is no solution to this.

BTW: I know that TT350-F, AD600BM, AD200 and many other Godox flashes manage to provide HSS with the Fuji cameras. So please dont post about these.

I know that others are having this problem as well so it is not me alone.

Please post if you have a solution.

I have seen a solution where an addition XT-16 has a connection to the camera PC sync socket but my XT16 has no socket for this cable. I would modify if I knew it worked and also if I had the pinout details.

mikegee likes this.
  2. AdamInNy

AdamInNy Active Member

-Return to Top-

I think there is a misconception here. Godox never said this light would be compatible with the new Fuji trigger in HSS mode. There may be work arounds and hacks, but blaming Godox (which the guy in the video seems to be doing) is incorrect. You may think it's a bad business decision on Godox's part, but imo they aren't at fault here.

That said, the 360i really was a pain in the butt to use in HSS from the start. Very cumbersome, would go into protection mode pretty easily, etc. At best a work around will still have those issues.

Use an ND filter :).

3. mikegee

mikegee Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think there is a solution but it is not yet available. The X1R-F the R stands for receiver they are available for Canon, Nikon and Sony just change the last letter. As you can see from the image it has a sync port just plug the X1R-F into the sync port of the AD360. It should work if not I'm getting rid of my AD360's. Thank you for doing the Video!

fprrr2rc_3.jpg

fprrr2rc.jpg

4. BoomeArt

BoomeArt Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links I show that I can shoot in HSS mode with old Godox flashes TT600 and AD360 mark I.
    I am using camera X-T1.
    Also, I think that transmitter must have Fujifilm protocol which connects camera and flash options. May be half year ago or something I had a correspondence with guy from Please login or register to view links and asked him to test their transmitters with Fuji cameras and HSS enabled flashes. Their transmitter and receiver RoboShoot make camera and flash think that they arecompatible. So I hope Godox can update X1T-F in new firmware their protocol and we will get option to use any flash which support TTL and/or HSS function.

jknights likes this.