This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Hello from Bristol (UK)!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Snodge, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Snodge

Snodge New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd say hello here, now that I've signed up and commented on a few posts already!

I used to be a Canon shooter (5d3 was what I was shooting with) and as an amateur photographer, I liked to have adapted m42 lenses on. I got frustrated though by the focusing screen and the weight, so I figured that I would get an X-T10 in black Friday a couple of years ago.

I soon found that I was using the Fuji camera all the time, and that I had to mentally stop and take out the Canon just to use it. I figured at that point that I'd sell all the Canon gear (nice and easy thanks to a 2nd hand equipment website), and now I just use my X-T10 for everything.

I mostly do landscapes and taking images just wandering around places with friends (abstracts, a bit of architecture, street etc).

I do have some Fuji lenses, but I have many more manual focus lenses - anything for the fun factor, and if I get good images as well then that's a bonus! :D

I tend to process in Lightroom, I like monochrome images as much as (if not more than) colour, and I'll crop my images as 1:1, 3:1, or whatever I feel suits the image.

The image includes was taken at the marine pool at Clevedon, with an adapted Fuji 55mm f/1.8 m42 manual focus lens, at f/1.8. Nice simple scene - minimal colour palette, and a single subject is what made it for me, and the f/1.8 aperture isolates the subject, but still is able to keep the context of the scene!

Cheers,

Snodge

swimming.jpg

redshifted likes this.
  2. Dirk Offringa

Dirk Offringa Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Great photograph! f/1.8 was the perfect choice here indeed. Well done!

3. Snodge

Snodge New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks Dirk, glad you like it! :)

4. Max Fstop

Max Fstop Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Hi Snodge welcome to the forum :)

5. Snodge

Snodge New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks Max! I've managed to spend a few hours reading various threads already! :D