This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Had to do it!

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by Blazer, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:28 PM.

1. Blazer

Blazer Fuji Commander

-Return to Top-

At $500 off the regular price, I jumped on a new X-T2 from B&H that will be here tomorrow. (Free overnight shipping, camera bag and 64GB memory card) Like many, I am interested in the upcoming X-T3 but the "2" actually has everything I need for at least a year or two. After all, I've been using my X-E2 for 4 years and it is still perfect! I'll use that $500 to buy an XF10-24!

Carolyn likes this.
  2. jamie allan

jamie allan Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Blazer,
    Sounds like a similar situation to me. I bought an X-E2 in October 2014. Last week I traded it in for an X-T2. The discounting here in the UK is pretty crazy with an initial £185 off, followed by another £270 off, followed by another £100 as an additional money cashback scheme for the trade in. On top of that a free Fuji half leather case worth £75 was thrown in. It was the same 4 years ago when I bought the X-E2 - although then it was £100 discount and £100 cashback. I do wonder whether it would be better to just give the bottom line price.:)

3. NubuXT1

NubuXT1 New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi Jamie where did you get that deal? I’m in a similar situation. Ready to trade in my X-T1. Looking for the best place to do it thanks. Kaz

4. jrscls

jrscls Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I love my X-T2 and with the current discount, I might pick up a second one. I would keep the battery grip on only one of them.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 3:48 AM
  5. Scott Burkett

Scott Burkett Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Got the same deal from B&H...though Adorama and Amazon are offering the same price. As a longtime X-T10 & X-T20 shooter, looking forward to my first adventure with the T2!

6. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

These incredible deals have to be in preparation for release of the XT-3. They want to lower excess stock to make way. Leaves me in a quandary, I pre-ordered my XT-2 and have loved it since the day it came in a few days after being released. The firmware updates have made it a marvelous camera - I don't know that I can let it go.

So I must decide, do I wait to see what the XT-3 will bring or pick up a second XT-2 at this great price?

7. LionSpeed

LionSpeed Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Congrats! Excellent choice of body & lens combo. You will love this 10-24.

8. smb60

smb60 Active Member

-Return to Top-

I've decided to go for the 500. off deal from B&H for an X-T2 also. I also going to trade in my X-T1. Good deals now on Fuji.

9. upstateaudio

upstateaudio Member

-Return to Top-

Still using my XE2, also had an XE3 but I dropped it on my first day on a trip to Vietnam and it died. Thank goodness for Square Trade drop and spill warranties. I decided that I am too rough on gear to get another XE3 to replace it even though I will miss the compact size and cool look. Besides, I want the tilty screen like I have for my Nikon D750s.

I just ordered an X-T2 last night. It will be delivered to my office for security reasons. I am out of town for the day but will drive straight to the office to pick it up and set it up for use.

10. jamie allan

-Return to Top-

Hi,
    I got it from Jessops but WEX have the same deal I think. When I traded in my X-E2 the figure I got was as good as if I'd sold it privately. Add to that I'll get another £100 cashback for the trade in in 30 days from Fuji then it was a no brainer. My X-E2 was in very good condition and I had the box and all the other bits I got the day I bought it. Interestingly the Jessops guy showed me how the trade in value is calculated. It's simply a tick box exercise - the assistant simply checks things off on a terminal. They didn't want the Neewer grip I had, nor the EF-X8 flash or Meike grip I had for the X-T1 since it wasn't on the list to be ticked off. So there was no subjective judgement on the trade in price.
    Please login or register to view links

Please login or register to view links

11. NubuXT1

NubuXT1 New Member

-Return to Top-

12. jamie allan

-Return to Top-

If you are trading in your old camera make sure you take note of the serial number. The form you need fill in to claim the extra £100 trade in cashback requires both the old camera serial number and the new camera serial number.

NubuXT1 likes this.
  13. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I don't think you will regret it. The EVF is reason enough, but the dials for all the manual functions are awesome.