This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Got myself a used X100T in mint conditon/low shutter count

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by guzzi850m2, Feb 12, 2018 at 3:05 PM.

1. guzzi850m2

guzzi850m2 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I was all set to buy a XE3 but the X100 series was always interfering with my decision and my X-Pro1 is working just fine so I said to myself; why the heck not get a X100(?) I really want in my heart.
    I think the F is too expensive considered my relative limited use, I don't use my cameras every day and when I go off-shore working, I can't bring a camera (in many cases), so I decided a used T will suit me best.
    So I been bidding on Ebay but considered shipping to Thailand sometimes add 50$ to the camera price, not the ideal solution.
    Then doing further research on-line, I found out that Bangkok actually have a few used camera shops in the China Town area (that I know of) so I found a mint condition used X100T black with a shutter count of 1600 for just under 800$ with a spare non-Fuji battery thrown in. It comes with the original box including all the content. When the shop owner saw my XP1, he put a XF14 and a XF56mm used lenses on the table and told me he would give me a very good price on them. I quickly paid for the T and left as my valet was already feeling quite thin, 555.
    I really like operating the T, it is so far everything I hoped it would be, quality fell, like my XP1, the XE3 I tried in a shop last year didn't fell quite the same.
    During my Bangkok trip (that was mainly a trip for getting my daughter a Danish passport (not an easy task)) I bought along my XP1 with my 27mm & 18mm and I used the 27mm 90% of the time but felt it was a whisper too narrow sometimes, so the 23mm on the T should fit in nicely.
    I am pretty sure the T will be my new holiday camera unless I go somewhere special where I will need some of my other Fuji lenses but for a City holiday the T should be fine.
    I have bought a half-case- a JJC LH-JX100II lens hood and a 49mm B+W UV filter but not yet received the items. Not sure how the hood & filter can be used at the same time?
    Below is an unedited shot I took in ChinaTown Bangkok

DSCF3163.JPG

2. Musicophile

Musicophile Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Congrats on the purchase. You'll love that little thing, I'm sure (as a fellow X100T user). And while the silver looks more retro, I just love the totally understated look of black!

guzzi850m2 likes this.
  3. guzzi850m2

-Return to Top-

Thanks.
    Well my XP1 is black off-course so I thought that its new little sister should be black as well.
    No just kidding, black was what I could find and I actually like that very much, a bit more discrete.

4. guzzi850m2

-Return to Top-

Here is a few more from Bangkok's China-town, a fascinating place and one could easily spend a whole day there, shopping-taking photos.
    Note the old Vespa scooters in the first picture, they are really old but are very good for ferrying goods around the narrow streets and you still see quite a few around BKK loaded to the brim.
    DSCF3173.JPG DSCF3176.JPG

5. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Regarding the hood and filter, . . . there is a trim ring on the front of the lens which you need to unscrew, then you can screw on the adapter. Your filter can screw into the adapter like any other filter/lens. The hood bayonet mounts onto the adapter unaffected by the filter.

Enjoy your new camera!

guzzi850m2 likes this.
  6. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Deleted due to duplicate post, not sure how that happened.

7. CowshedCowboy

CowshedCowboy Member

-Return to Top-

I’ve bought quite a bit of used gear in Bangkok that I know I can sell for more on UK ebay if I want to change things in the future. My biggest steal was pre Christmas a Zeiss Flektagon 35mm 2.4 for the equivalent of £45. I was up there this weekend and managed to pick up a used 50mm F2 for 12,000 baht which is certainly cheaper than any I’ve seen going on UK Ebay. My 10-24mm and 16mm were bought second hand mint condition in Fortune Town mall Chinatown. Great place to look for old gear as well and all the shops are on one floor.

I love going around there photographing the old Vespas, real old style character in that area.

guzzi850m2 likes this.