This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fujifilm X70 with WCL-X100 - Turn off the camera issue

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by charumeyn, Oct 11, 2017 at 4:39 PM.

1. charumeyn

charumeyn New Member

-Return to Top-

Hey guys. I recently bought wcl-x100 for my one year old fujifilm x70. It was working fine until I noticed that sometimes it would ask me to turn off the camera and turn on again, usually when it is focusing on near subjects. I usually fix this issue by turning it off and on, switch to auto mode, then go back to manual mode. I've read about this issue but all of them are fof Fujifilm X100 with filter... That the lens jams to the filter when there is no adapter. I don't need to use adapter for the wcl, am I right? I love the photos that it produces but it's fraustrating that this happens.. and I'm also worried it might break camera lens. Would appreciate anyones help to solve this issue. Thanks!

Blaine likes this.
  2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

Is the WCL-X100 able to be used on a X70? I thought the X70 had its own specific adapaters.

EDIT: Just cheacked. You need a WCL-X70 for your camera. You may find that the WCL-X100 is fouling the lens in the way you describe happens with filters on X100 models.

3. charumeyn

charumeyn New Member

-Return to Top-

Yes I've read around and it does eork on the X70. Although I'm not sure if this is the drawback of doing so. Do you (or anyone who reads this) happen to have WCL-X70 on X70? Does this issue happen there too?

4. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

There is a difference between "work" and "fit".
    It may work to some degree but it looks like it doesn't fit correctly. A simple comparison on the camera side of the two adapters should indicate what the differences are and it should be easy enough to find images of the WCL-X70 on the web to compare against the product you have.

5. charumeyn

charumeyn New Member

-Return to Top-

I knew it was not meant for X70, and it does fit and works (as you may say at some degree) but yeah, I wasn't aware thay it may cause the lens to jam. Might sell the WCL-X100 then.. bought it second hand to save money but that savings might just ruin my X70. Thanks for your help! I hope X70 users may find this thread useful when buying wcl.

6. jamie allan

jamie allan Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You don't show your location but if by chance you are in the UK the Fuji online store has the X-70 WCL for £74.99 at present.
    Please login or register to view links

7. charumeyn

charumeyn New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks Jamie. That's pretty cheap, would have bought it from there is I live in UK. I already purchased the WCL-X70 and is currently being shipped to me. Pretty excited to get it and compare it with the WCL-X100.