This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fujifilm X-H1

Discussion in 'X-H1' started by Pete15, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I’m sure all will be revealed when the in depth DPReview review is published on 15 February.

2. Carolyn

Carolyn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

There’s an XT3 on the way. Rumored to be announced at Photokina.
    Please login or register to view links

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. Richard_R

-Return to Top-

That is a rumor you don't need a trusted source or indeed anybody in the camera industry to be able to work out. Assuming the X-T3 and equivalent X-T30 have new generation sensors and further updated firmware and processors that puts more doubt as to exactly where and how this X-H series fits into my mind. It will be at least 2 years from now until it gets an update so in 6 months or so from when it hits the streets it will be last years tech and will remain that way for another 18 months. Price wise its up there above the premium APS-C DSLR products so it is going to be a hard slog to get say a Nikon D500 owner to change to a more expensive Fuji that's only real claim to fame seems to be that is has IBIS and is bigger and heavier than existing Fujis.
    I really hope the X-H is a success but given its price and size compared to the X-T2/X-T20 it's major target volume market segment eludes me.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    AnthonyM likes this.
  4. CWRailman

CWRailman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Can a previously owned X-T2 for around $600 be in my future???:):):)

Carolyn likes this.
  5. bacil

bacil Premium Member

-Return to Top-

X-T3 already? When did x-t2 first come out? Not too long ago right? And I just bought my x-t1 graphite last week :)

kerrydeare likes this.
  6. Richard_R

-Return to Top-

Mid 2016 with products available around the time of Photokina 2016.

bacil likes this.
  7. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Denny, race you to it.
    I certainly hope we can both get them at that price.

Dirk Offringa likes this.
  8. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

It's rather strange that Fuji Germany has published a press release about the X-H1 whereas there isn't any such release on Fuji's corporate website. Better yet, in the meantime, Fuji Germany seems to have withdrawn the press release. I saw the original release, but didn't save it. The English translation is abysmal.

Just rumors? ;)

9. Richard_R

-Return to Top-

Cock up at Fuji Germany. Somebody pushed the go button a day or two early. Fuji Australia did exactly the same thing with one of the earlier cameras (X-T1?).
    The web is full of detailed product shots and the specs are all over the place and Fuji are making an announcement on 15 Feb so it will happen. Really the only thing that anybody needs to wait for are the hands on reviews from then reputable sites that will hit the web a second or two after the embargo is lifted.

10. GregWard

GregWard Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Yes - I agree - I can't see how this one isn't now "real" and I suspect there will be very few surprises re the specifications.

I treat the rumour sites with the same degree of suspicion my wife treats the estimated time of arrival on a Sat Nav. By the time you are about to arrive the Sat Nav is deadly accurate. So much so that you forget how poor its initial estimate was when you first left home!

11. FMW

FMW Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I don't understand why a larger heavier APS-C camera will have any impact on FF DSLR's. I keep trying to go smaller while the camera market wants to go in the opposite direction.

12. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

There are camera for users that have different needs than you do. Fuji just released the X-E3 and X-A5, not to mention a new pancake zoom so it doesn't appear the camera market is going larger. It is possible to go small and large at the same time. We are all different and have different needs. Fuji is like any other company that wants to grow its market share. It cannot grow by catering to just the crowd that want small cameras.

I agree with you I don't think this is the camera that will have an impact on FF DSLR's users, however there is a very vocal group that think IBIS is an important feature. This is the camera for them. It remains to be seen how good IBIS is on the camera or if it really is that beneficial, but at least FUJI has an IBIS camera for this crowd.

13. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That is the odd part about releasing an IBIS camera with an older sensor knowing the xt3 is coming out with a new sensor. It seems to me the X-H1 would have been the opportunity to use the new sensor.

I think many people will think why not just make a XT-3 with IBIS and let people turn it off or on if they don't want it. I've been reading the pros and cons of IBIS and I just don't want an IBIS camera that has a floating sensor. I do hope Fuji keeps the lines separate though.

14. FMW

FMW Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I hear you. I don't even view auto focus ans an important feature let alone IBIS. We just disagree.

15. Carolyn

Carolyn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I believe it’s more geared towards video. We’ll have to see what the reviews tell us.
    I have no intention of buying one but will be interested in the XT3 when that arrives with a new sensor.

Otohp70 likes this.
  16. Frankie

Frankie Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I am very happy with my X-E3.

My only interest in this camera is that it confirms my prediction...that the 3.7Mp EVF will find its way into other cameras other than the GFX.

17. Mr SMW

Mr SMW Triple Platinum Member

-Return to Top-

18. Mr SMW

Mr SMW Triple Platinum Member

-Return to Top-

Ah, might help if I included my thoughts eh?!

I suspect...but don't know, it's because they can't make IBIS work in the XT sized body so have made this larger one?

Maybe IBIS will not be coming to the XT line and it will be something reserved for this XH series starting with this one?

Fuji have a good range of cameras for various needs and budgets.

XT = high end stills with a certain video capability?

XH = high end stills with even more video capability?

Just a guess...

rayvonn likes this.
  19. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think that's the purpose of the XH line. IBIS does add size so it couldn't fit into the the xt bodies. There's a vocal crowd that wants IBIS but now people are complaining the camera is too big so there will be a push for some to get IBIS in the rest of the line. I am already seeing this in other discussions. It isn't enough Fuji will have an IBIS camera, for some IBIS has to be in all the top end cameras which I don't want to happen.

rayvonn likes this.
  20. Carolyn

Carolyn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

These are also 2 new lens being released - video lens.
    MKX18-55 and MKX 50-135.
    XH also comes with Eterna - a film simulation.
    The short reviews I read in the XH1 catalog where from some sports photographers so I think Fuji is targeting that area as well with this camera.