This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

FUJIFILM X Acquire

Discussion in 'GFX 50S' started by Macmodus, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Macmodus

Macmodus "Dark Animal Portrait" Master

-Return to Top-

"link"
    Please login or register to view links

"quote"

Introducing the tether shooting software “FUJIFILM X Acquire” compatible with FUJIFILM GFX 50S
    February 22, 2017
    FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will launch the tether shooting software “FUJIFILM X Acquire (here after X Acquire)” compatible with FUJIFILM GFX 50S (here after GFX 50S).
    X Acquire will be available from the FUJIFILM website for free.

[​IMG]
    X Acquire is tethering software that allows users to connect GFX 50S to a Mac or PC via USB cable for direct transferring and saving of captured images onto the computer.
    Users can select file types for saving onto the memory card in the camera, and for transferring and saving onto the computer either in RAW or JPEG format.
    X Acquire is also compatible with tether shooting features of FUJIFILM X-T1 and FUJIFILM X-T2.

Software Download

X Acquire will be available from FUJIFILM website for free from February 28, 2017.

Mac OS X / macOS Sierra version
    Windows version

GFX 50S will also be supported by the following tethering software with upgraded versions.

・ FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® ( Please login or register to view links / Please login or register to view links )
    ・ FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® ( Please login or register to view links / Please login or register to view links )
    ・ FUJIFILM HS-V5 for Windows®

“FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” and “FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” enable users to send tethered images directly to Lightroom. “FUJIFILM HS-V5 for Windows®” enables users to “capture”, “select”, and “organize” images as part of their workflow.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Pierrexp2

Pierrexp2 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

So won't work for the x-pro2?

3. Tilphot

Tilphot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

So I basically paid € 90,- for the luxury of being able to tether three months earlier than everybody else. I guess good things really come to those who wait!

Let's hope Fuji will reward my patience on not buying the 50-140 during the last cashback program!

4. vague_logic

vague_logic Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It is unclear from the announcement whether X Aquire is a full tethered shooting solution with control of the camera from a PC or just a real time image transfer function requiring all adjustments and shooting to be carried out on the camera. Reading the blurb again there is no mention of anything other than image transfer so, not really tethered shooting. I hope I'm wrong though!

5. Tilphot

Tilphot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I guess you're right about that, but with the free version available, I would have probably not bought the PRO version in the first place. Well, that's how it goes sometimes.

6. Fujiphotog

Fujiphotog Amateur photographer.

-Return to Top-

I continue to be disappointed that Fuji has nothing like the Nikon tethering software for my X-T2. It means I can't stop using Nikon and become fully Fuji.

7. ToneXA1

ToneXA1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I can not make it run on my X-T2 and Win10.

I duly updated the X-T2 body to v FW 1.10, I downloaded and installed SW Fujifilm X Acquire, I set the camera parameter PC SHOOT MODE to USB AUTO (and later also to USB FIXED), connected the USB cable from PC to camera and - the camera continues storing the images to SD, while Fujifilm X Acquire does not open at all. Clicking on it does nothing.

Has anybody any clue what could be wrong and how to make it run?

8. Macmodus

-Return to Top-

Check your destination folder?

9. ToneXA1

ToneXA1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, but... how if the application does not open?

I guess I should see a window with some simple info about the camera setting and a menu/command, where I could set/check the destination folder. The application icon is on the desktop, but clicking on it seems nothing gets activated.

10. Macmodus

-Return to Top-

I am a Mac user and have only Windows under Parallels, What I never use.
    But it looks like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ToneXA1

ToneXA1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

No, unfortunately I do not come to this point.

I guess the application should open even if the camera is not attached by USB cable. If this is true than it is more likely that I have a Windows issue rather than camera issue (i.e. bad FW). But so far, my Windows performed quite well.

I am in a dark because I reinstalled the PC application but the problem persists.

12. ToneXA1

ToneXA1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hm... And the link on Fuji support/FAQ to User Manual is out of order (Please login or register to view links). Coincidence?

13. ToneXA1

ToneXA1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

OK, solved! It works, at least on Win10 but later on I would check Win7 too.

The catch is: look for the icon in the TASK BAR, not the shortcut icon on the desktop!

[​IMG]

If you click on it, then the menu appears:

[​IMG]

Of course, you must have the camera connected and set to USB AUTO. Images are written on the SD and in PC on the preset folder (default is set to C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\FUJIFILM\XAcquire) .

Hope this helps somebody else.

14. ToneXA1

ToneXA1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

To conclude:
    - it works on my Win7 (SP1) too
    How to make use:
    - clicking on the FUJIFILM X Acquire on the Desktop places an icon in the Taskbar
    - the icon in the Taskbar appears gray . If you hoove over the mouse over it it says: NO CAMERA. You can click on it and select the menu items.
    - when you connect a camera with the USB AUTO set to ON, the Taskbar icon gets full colors and the menu is full functioning
    - selecting the menu command Exit means that the icon disappears from the Taskbar and you have to click on the Desktop icon to reactivate camera tethering

Happy tethering!

15. rmviewpoint

rmviewpoint Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Great news, installed and will tested in the future!

16. Dan Hillier

Dan Hillier Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'm having problems linking an X-T1 to a Windows 7 laptop. I've tried all of the USB settings on the camera, but the software is still saying "No Camera". Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

17. Dan Hillier

Dan Hillier Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Turned out to be a bad cable,

ToneXA1 likes this.
  18. joostlohman

joostlohman New Member

-Return to Top-

Great piece of software, works very well together wit Lightroom. Will this be available for IOS or Android? Would be great on location.

19. FujiMongol

FujiMongol Member

-Return to Top-

Old thread but just to share a notion on X Acquire:
    got it running thanks to ToneXA1, it tethers OK over usb and wifi aka are you seeking for something real slow?. But after using XAcquire it dawned on me that my laptop was cooling continuously for too long times.
    It was constantly doing 20% of process power over the application XAcquire.
    After using it, one should stop the program in the taskbar and do EXIT.
    It is not a program that is idling at the background, once you flip off the camera the program seems to search heavily taking up CPU power.
    Had to learn to switch it off.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 6:14 PM
    ToneXA1 likes this.
  20. ToneXA1

ToneXA1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

So, once you (find out how to) make X Acquire run, do not forget also (how) to switch it off.

It is a good time to refresh the memory as next weeks X RAW Studio is coming for us WIN users. The two are not meant to be functioning simultaneously what seems to be just one reason more to duly swith off one of the two.