This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji X E3 skipping aperture stops

Discussion in 'X-E1, X-E2, X-E2S, X-E3' started by Rean, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Rean

Rean New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi,
    I have a Fuji x E3 with a 23mm f1.4 lens. The aperture changes consistently from f1.4 to f6.4 as I rotate the apature ring. But after f6.4 it goes to f7.1, stays there for a sec and immediately goes to auto apature(S or P depending on where the shutter dial is). And as I increase the aperture with the apature ring , f8 works and then it goes to f16, f14, f13, f14, f16 and then to auto.
    The apature setting is stuck in A+M in the settings(setup -> button/dial settings -> aperture setting )and cant seem to come out of it.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any setting that's doing it or if the lens is faulty. Can someone please help me on this.

Thank you

2. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Have another lens to try? Otherwise try removing and remounting the lens? Cleaning the contacts?

3. bralk

bralk Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It´s probably related to this:

Please login or register to view links

I had the problem myself - fixed at Fuji Support UK

4. Kirstybell

Kirstybell Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I was going to suggest this, happened to my 35. Bummer!

5. dincz

dincz Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've just returned a 60mm I bought on Ebay - same problem but at the f22 end. In aperture priority, it wouldn't go past f/16 without switching to P mode. Although I can't imagine using f/22 often, I'm concerned that the problem could get progressively worse and affect lower f numbers too.

Having read of this seemingly common fault, I'm not sure I should keep looking for another.

Thanks for the tip-off.

PS - Is it likely that more recently manufactured examples have an improved and more reliable design? The one I bought had a 2012 serial number.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  6. bralk

bralk Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That´s uncertain. I sold mine and got he 50/2.0 instead for a compact short tele. For macro I use a manual Nikon 55/2.8 macro lens with adaptor.

7. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji optics are superb but modern production methods often don't allow a 'quality' construction. This is yet another reason to adapt legacy lenses.

YogiMik likes this.
  8. YogiMik

YogiMik Premium Member

-Return to Top-

One of the reasons for me to not buy another electronic lens, anymore. Only mechanical ones.
    I'm fed up with the focus by wire, and a vision, that a lens can fail on me anytime without warning.
    Trouble, and extra expense to already expensive lens for the repair.
    Can't afford that.

Rosedalelad likes this.