This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Football with Fujifilm X-T2 - remote camera

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by davidy233, Apr 14, 2018.

1. davidy233

davidy233 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

First goal pic I've got with the Fuji as a remote behind the goal camera - shot with Samyang 12mm lens at f5.6 and shutter speed of 1/640th.

Camera triggered with Pocketwizard Plus X triggers - one on X-T2 and one on my Canon 1dx - this is cropped in a fair bit but plenty big enough file size to print in a newspaper or magazine.

Match is Dundee United v Falkirk in the Championship (second tier of Scottish football) - goalscorer is Thomas Mikkelsen.

Loving the wee Fuji for this purpose - not quite the toy I envisaged when I bought it

2. morhafren

morhafren Premium Member

-Return to Top-

One to dream of - great shot from the goal-scorer as well!

3. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I was at the Montrose v Berwick today.
    Montrose top of league (4).
    Fair chance we’ll be in league (3) with 3 other Angus teams, Brechin, Forfar and Arbroath
    Every second game will be a derby :)
    Montrose and the Smokies (Arbroath) are bitter rivals
    You Dundee or Raith supporter?
    I support Montrose, Dundee untd are my second team

4. NewmanX

NewmanX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Very nice capture. You’re right. Could see that on the back page easily. Great timing.

5. davidy233

-Return to Top-

I photographed Montrose for one of the national papers earlier this season, lovely club, and I'm at Links Park about once a fortnight to photograph Dundee's under 20s. Hope the Gable Endies win their last couple of games and the title.

I'm a Dundee supporter and photograph all their games, though when they aren't playing I cover a lot of other matches - I'm at Forfar this afternoon to photograph the Women's Premier League match between Forfar Farmington and Spartans.

6. davidy233

-Return to Top-

Thanks - I'd doubt this one will be on a back page, but hopefully I'll get one used that way from the Fuji soon - I do like a back page :)

7. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Wow, thanks David.
    Your shot above would be perfect for the back page of the courier, really it’s a great capture.
    I will keep an eye out for you.
    I’m a real DynaMo fan, stuck by them when they were dire and embarrassing.
    What a difference with a new chairman, and manager, Stewart Petrie has been great for the club.
    I have so many funny stories about the Mo support and trips to other clubs, will leave that for when I see you.
    Keep up the great work, the lower leagues are so important for Scottish football also the huge efforts of the Montrose community trust work, it’s good people like you take the time to get involved with the lower tiers.
    Regards,
    Angus

8. JohnC

JohnC Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Well done David. Great work with the 12mm.
    I’m a season ticket holder at Tynecastle. My dad was from Dundee. His leanings where more towards Utd. He was the one who gave me a lift over at Tynecastle as a boy. So all his fault.

Angus likes this.
  9. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Ha so you’re a Jambo John.
    Where I used to go for a drink on a Saturday, the football coaches stopped for a beer, on the road to Pittodrie, it was good crack with the lads from Hibs, Hearts, Dundee, DU, Motherwell, Killie, Celtic etc, except for one club who shall remain nameless that caused a lot of trouble (they play in blue).

10. JohnC

JohnC Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

In my younger days when I went to away games Aberdeen was always a favourite trip. On the way back we always stopped in Inverbervie. Many a good night there.

Angus likes this.
  11. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I’m not far from Inverbervie, between there and Montrose. For a wee village it has a good selection of bars.
    Most people around here support their local team (Brechin, Montrose etc) and support a premier team, mostly Aberdeen or Dundee United, though there are a few old firmers, but unlike Glasgow they will sit and drink together in harmony

12. JohnC

JohnC Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Yes Angus the ugly sisters are a blight on us.
    I remember in the mid 80’s the pub we used to frequent in Inverbervie had it’s charity bottle stollen by Celtic fans. We had a wee wip round on our next visit. Pretty sure the guy who ran the pub then was a Hearts man from Currie on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

Angus likes this.
  13. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Aye, the ugly sisters, scurge of Scotland. It’s a great shame that a sizeable minority have ruined the reputations of their teams, because all they have is hate and tribalism.
    I know the blue ones are especially unpopular with Aberdeen, and nearly every other team, and I can see why, when they played in the lower leagues they reeked havoc in Montrose, some of it is no for repeating on here.
    On a brighter note, I often talk with the fans of teams like Elgin, Peterhead and Stirling Albion.
    The crack is always good, especially with the Peterhead fans (seaside teuchters) :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  14. davidy233

-Return to Top-

Hadn't intended this to be a discussion on football

You may recognise this place though Angus - a goal from tonight's development league match between Dundee and Hearts

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

15. lifesshort

lifesshort Active Member

-Return to Top-

Being from the U.S., this isn't exactly what I expected to see when I opened a post about football! Both of these shots are very cool! I love the perspective on them.

I have one question, though. On the first shot, was it shot using electronic shutter? The reason I ask is that the ball appears to be slightly distorted and not perfectly round like I would expect. I don't know if this is due to the use of electronic shutter, or if it's just motion blur of the ball. Either way, I think it's a great photo!

16. davidy233

-Return to Top-

The blur on the ball in the first pic is motion blur - pic is at 1/640th of a second - not tried using electronic shutter for remote shots yet

lifesshort likes this.
  17. davidy233

-Return to Top-

Got a few more yesterday including this late winning goal

Angus and Wayben like this.
  18. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

They are great photos, absolutely professional. Thank you.
    Also taken from the beautiful Links Park, home of the Mo since 1879 :)
    Saturday is our last game, and it’s against Elgin City at home.
    If we win or draw, then we are up to Scottish league one. If we loose I will be gutted.
    Keep your fingers crossed for us David.

19. davidy233

-Return to Top-

Hopefully you'll be celebrating Saturday night Angus - I'll be delighted for Matty Allan if you win it, I know him well from his time at Dundee, smashing lad.

The pic of the Dundee goal against St Johnstone is in the Evening Tele tonight, used half page, first one of the Fuji remote pics to make the paper

20. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Matty Allan is doing well, he makes the right decisions and is in good control, he and Sean Dillon (former Dundee United) work well together, Matty especially clears the ball to the right places.
    Cammy Ballantyne (loan from Dundee United) is impressive.
    My work colleagues are coming down to support us, I’m hoping I’ll be out after for a few drams.
    Watch this goal by Cammy against Stirling Albion!
    Edit, forgot to say congratulations with your photo, Dundee and St Johnstone aren’t the best of friends just now

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018