This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fast Normal Lenses

Discussion in 'Native X-Mount Lens Forum' started by nu2digital, Nov 8, 2018.

1. nu2digital

nu2digital Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Do the fantastic reviews of the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 have anybody else excited to see what kind of images the Fujifilm XF 33mm f/1.0 lens is going to turn out? Expensive and heavy, but unparalleled IQ. Amazing!

These are the sorts of lenses that convince me to buy into camera systems. Canon is looking awfully good at the moment. Fortunately, I cannot afford one. ;-)

For the record, the XF 90mm f/2.0 was the lens that tipped the scales in favor of Fuji for me when it was introduced. Another phenomenal lens. Keep up the good work, Fuji. Give us another lens as gorgeous as what Canon has delivered to their shooters.

John

2. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think a lot of people want to see a super fast lens from Fuji on both the X camera and the GFX. In fact, I see tons of comments asking for fast GFX lenses.

I love the Fuji 35/1.4 and the way it renders and would love to see a super fast lens which shows the same Fuji magic. I recently got the Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f0.95. That combined with AF would be nice. Maybe Fuji will deliver something even better!

This lens has been suggested for a long time. I wonder why it has been delayed for so long. I am guessing the lens is proving challenging in some way. Perhaps getting a high enough quality level (Fuji has high standards--thank you, Fuji) or perhaps there are technical challenges around focusing. We know the 35/1.4 required complicated multi-element focusing, which added noise and limited focusing speed to maintain quality. I would be good with such limitations in order to get great IQ and top drawer Fuji rendering.

merosen likes this.
  3. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Fujifilm has released a slew of great lenses. They really are the best APS-C lineup overall, as Canikon tends to build to a price with APS-C. There are no slouches, and there are a few superstars like the 90. I expect to see more of the same from Fujifilm, the 33 should be stellar, as there is no reason for them to cut corners on such a lens.