This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

eco-Efficency 126s batteries for xt3???

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by barryd, Dec 6, 2018.

1. barryd

barryd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Has anyone tried these batteries for their XT3?
    Or recommendations for reasonable 3rd party batteries?

2. Chuck Carstensen

Chuck Carstensen Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Not recommended.

3. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Recommended with a caution. I bought 4 of them and they have worked great. In my X-T3, 2 of them do not get the warning a non Fuji battery is detected. Others report they do not get the warning. I have original OEM batteries for the camera and grip so I wanted these as backups. To me it was a bonus 2 of them don't get the warning. The camera still functions even with the warning you just can't use boost mode.

I have been using 3rd party batteries since I bought into the fuji system about 5 years ago. Sure, some of them swell but for the price I consider them disposable.

Let's say you buy a few of these batteries and only half don't get the warning. You still have more batteries than if you bought OEM.

CWRailman likes this.
  4. barryd

barryd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I found these being suggested at the Fuji Rumors site.

5. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I bought them based on that article too. They have been working great in my gripped x-t2 as well.

6. digitalpatriot

digitalpatriot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I would only use genuine Fuji batteries on the XT3 because it's too expensive of a camera. I also have the genuine Fuji battery grip AND the genuine fuji metal hand grip. All pro Fuji stuff for my Xt3!

With my XE-1 I did buy Please login or register to view links.

but really it's up to you!

Adam Sherman likes this.
  7. Ean50

Ean50 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I have two Patona and one Jupio. Camera warn but I'm not able to understand if is slower or not. I don't shoot CH.

8. gyoung

gyoung Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I bought a Hahnel 126S equivalent with my X-T3 a month ago, the shop didn't have a Fuji, so far its working fine, no 'error' messages in the camera and lasts the same as the Fuji, I haven't tried it on 4k video or high speed bursts. I've had a Hahnel battery fot 6 years for my Nikon with no problems.
    Its about half the price of the Fuji, so not as cheap as other thirdd party batteries.

Gerry

9. johndill

johndill Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Been using 3rd party batteries, including these, for years without a single issue. Saved money and I think I got a charger with this...which is better than the Fuji chargers which tend to break after a year or two. No issue, highly recommended

Rainer Mueller likes this.
  10. digitalpatriot

-Return to Top-

Yeah but it's an expensive XT3. Why risk it? If an aftermarket battery swells and gets stuck and you try to take it for warranty, good luck trying to hide the stuck aftermarket battery. there's decent batteries out there but also a lot of variation. there's already a hard enough time preventing genuine items from being faked and sold. even on amazon. imagine fakes of fakes. better be sure what you're getting.

It's like buying a ferrari and installing generic tires on it.

^i think the fuji charger breaking you're referring to is the original x100 charger. all that "broke" was a plastic tab that holds the battery in. the fix was to wedge in a piece of paper.

the current 126 charger (out for a while now) does not break and is 20x more robust than any aftermarket charger.

i have tons of aftermarket battery experience as well, but only for my cheap cameras. i don't risk it on the xt3 or xt2 when i got one. particularly while under warranty.

11. ojporqpojrewpo

ojporqpojrewpo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have always used aftermarket batteries in every camera I had. When a battery starts swelling and I feel resistance putting it into the camera I replace it. Never had a battery stuck and never any other problems.

I also use an aftermarket USB charger which is much easier to deal with when travelling.

12. Rainer Mueller

Rainer Mueller Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I keep the original X-T3 battery in the camera, and my clone batteries in the battery grip. Yeah, I still get that funky message, but I’ve never experienced (yet) any problem and boost mode works just fine.

And at $1500 I don’t think that the X-T3 is expensive. Heck, I think it’s the best camera deal in the world!

13. digitalpatriot

-Return to Top-

If $1500 is not expensive, then $60 isn't. Can't have it both ways.

14. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Why don't you let others deem what they feel is worth the risk? OEM batteries can swell and go bad too.

15. Rainer Mueller

-Return to Top-

S
    Good point.…but then I’m always open to a great deal — that’s why I bought the X-T3 in the first place!

16. johndill

johndill Premium Member

-Return to Top-

but it never happens....I've used over a dozen different batteries in brands from -5F to 100F , cold, hot, humid, heavy load...never a blip, never a problem.....never actually met anyone that has had a problem or seen a photo of a "swollen" battery. I love my Fuji's but after 365 days your warranty expires and Fuji isn't going to give a fig as to which battery was in it. Fuji batteries are simply wildly over priced. Why pay just for a brand name?

Ean50 and Rainer Mueller like this.
  17. ojporqpojrewpo

ojporqpojrewpo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have had quite a few swollen batteries. Over time they got more difficult to insert and also to get out. When you put them on a table you can even see that their sides are not flat anymore. When I notice that I replace them. Still much cheaper than Fuji batteries.

18. Rainer Mueller

-Return to Top-

I have met swollen batteries. OEM ones too. They’re usually pretty old and it becomes part of the cost of doing business.

I also had to replace the batteries in my truck - but that’s another story to the tune of $700.

Batteries die.

Such is life.

19. gyoung

gyoung Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Don't mind paying for an item if its worth it, but I and others object to being ripped off with high margins which they can't justify.
    I bet they make more money on a £60 battery than on the X-T3

Gerry

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 7:49 PM