This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Don't know why I bother.

Discussion in 'Post Processing Forum' started by Brian1940, Mar 12, 2018.

1. FORUM USER

FORUM USER Premium Member

-Return to Top-

As long as you've kept the camera. Without the camera that took the shot the software doesn't work.

2. GregWard

GregWard Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Interesting. The exact same camera, the same model of camera, or simply the same sensor/processor?

For example if somebody traded an X-T2 for an X-H1 would that work or not? I imagine that the X-T3 (as/when it appears) will have a new sensor/processor - so I can certainly see why that wouldn't work.

3. FORUM USER

FORUM USER Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Same model as I understand. Follow the Fuji link in my first post in this thread. It says:

"Please note, the RAW conversion is only compatible with a RAW file taken by the same camera model as the camera connected to the computer. For example, if the connected camera is a FUJIFILM X-T2, the RAW file must be taken by a FUJIFILM X-T2".

That's as much as I know as I have only the XT2 these days so haven't experimented with two bodies.

As I've said repeatedly the software is exactly the same as the in-camera software and that only works with raw files in the same camera type.

4. Furtim

Furtim Member

-Return to Top-

Yeah, has to be the same model. All my XT2 raws can no longer be converted with the tool now I’ve traded it in.

5. GregWard

GregWard Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

You could probably change the EXIF data if you really need to edit older files.

6. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

My way is SD card via card reader to a folder in Finder to import into Lr, and I have the full set of Lr tools available. The lossless compressed files will not display on a Mac! Uncompressed files should be OK.