This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Confused C1 12 Fujifilm

Discussion in 'Post Processing/Software Forum' started by bobjar, Dec 6, 2018.

1. bobjar

bobjar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

So I've developed a crush on C1 and have tried to download the 30-day trial (FujiFilm version) but keep getting the same file that when launched is the Express version which was previously installed.

What am I doing wrong? Or, maybe it is a sign I really don't need C1 12 FujiFilm anyway?

Bob

2. Tilphot

Tilphot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Go to menu "Capture One" and scroll down to "Licence" – then you can select another version and start your 30 day tests trial.

3. bobjar

bobjar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

this is what I see

Capturec1.JPG

I cannot find any menu entry "Capture One"? Win 10 if that matters

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  4. philipb

philipb Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I don't know if this is your case, but at the moment there are quite a few bugs in C1 12. I've upgraded from version 11 (Mac) and I keep losing masks or it says it can't open catalogs, .... They know there are problems. They're working on it. In the meantime I've started using the old version until they've solved the bugs.

5. Tilphot

Tilphot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry, I’m on a Mac!

6. Rich Thofen

Rich Thofen Member

-Return to Top-

Have you tried deleting the Express version you previously installed and then downloading the 30-day trial version? I wonder if there is a conflict happening due to the two different versions on your computer.

7. bobjar

bobjar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks everyone!

Mac vs Win: Not uncommon discrepancies. I gave up on Luminar because their "promised" release to at least make the Win version UI identical never came about, at least up to the point I removed it. I think DMA was another missing/long promised feature.

Encountered similar issues way back in 2000's with Metrowerks Software development platform - they trying to port their robust C/C++/Java IDE to Windows from Mac. Lots of potholes which did nothing other than lose market share and make MS Visual Studio appear as a wonderful IDE.

I'm going to ride with what I have - can't really justify $outlay for functionality already available in LR Classic and CC201n...$10 total per month for both = less than 2 trips to McD's. There is what I think is a new tab re Layers at the top but nothing differs in panels.

Thanks again,

Bob

8. vague_logic

vague_logic Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You need to get the Capture One Pro Fujifilm trial version. If that isn't available just download Capture One Pro. They are the same except that the Fuji version only works with Fuji RAF files whereas the normal version works with most things including Fujifilm. Therefore, you can trial it then if you want, buy just the Pro Fuji version.

9. bobjar

bobjar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks !

Bob

Later - file is identical to all the previous downloads. Time to move on...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. jedorme

jedorme Premium Member

-Return to Top-

As I understand it, if you are running the v.12 Fujifilm Express & want either to purchase the perpetual license for Fujifilm Pro or to install the Trial version of Fujifilm Pro, you have to go to Capture One>License (if on a Mac) or Help>License (if on Windows); then choose the "Stop Running Fujifilm Express". Upon restart you would either choose Fujifilm Pro for the the perpetual license, or Trial to run the 30 day trial version; then your prior Catalog should appear in the Trial version or the perpetual version if chosen either before or after running the trial.

Irene McC likes this.
  11. bobjar

bobjar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Ahh, I had visions of a catastrophic train wreck clicking the "Stop..." button but an obvious solution - not nearly so daring as in my younger days. Rebuilding systems (Windows and Linux)/applications not nearly so exciting and fun as it used to be.

Thank you for your help, I'll have a look later.

Bob

Later... How simple! A more informative dialog at the outset would be nice.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Irene McC likes this.
  12. jedorme

jedorme Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I must confess that I am no wizard when it comes to figuring out how Capture One works, & I too was uncertain about going from my Fujifilm Express version to the 30 day Trial of Fujifilm Pro, & if I liked what I saw, then to finally download & use the real thing. My concern also had to do with keeping all my images organized with their Catalog option & moving it from each of these versions. So I contacted C1 support about this & they helped me to understand it. However, I'm still using the free Fuji software & haven't moved to the Trial, so that's why I paraphrased that it was how I understood it should work. Glad to hear that it apparently does!

13. bobjar

bobjar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Oh it does, and I might add it is very seductive. After realizing the masks function similar to those in Exposure X4, i.e. what happens within the mask can be one or a combination of adjustments you want to make, and seeing the functionality of masks & selections offers more specificity than LR, it is very enticing.

Only nit so far: I have not found whether or not layer blends (overlay, soft light, luminosity, etc.) are available. More to explore.

Thanks for giving me the nudge. :)

Bob

14. jedorme

jedorme Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Again, speaking from my limited knowledge base of C1, I'm not certain but don't think that there are blending modes in C1's layers function; at least not like I am familiar with them in Photoshop. But the way C1 integrates the masking function in C1 is both intuitive & unique in ways that may allow for some of the same results as blending modes. For example, I believe that you can add a Luma curve to a layer to get some of the same results as you would with a luminosity blend. And there may be aspects of some Presets & Styles that could accomplish some of these same layer blending results. But I would leave it to those more expert than I to address your question. But glad that I was at least able to offer some help.

15. Musicophile

Musicophile Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It’s always the same file. You just activate or deactivate some functions depending how you activate it.

16. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thats just great NOT, edited some photos today now just got back in and Capture one Pro 12 WONT load at all. Great way to upgrade so they take your money then your stuffed.

17. philipb

philipb Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

They're aware of major bugs in Pro 12 and they're working on it. I'm sure they'll solve it, but at the same time it's amateurish to release a software with that many bugs ... and at those prices it's unforgivable.

DaveX likes this.
  18. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I can`t believe it, C1 Pro 12 is now NOT showing on my laptop at all, they need to seriously pull their fingers out as if it does NOT work tomorrow I will be getting on to my bank and say to them I DID NOT buy it, what a load of crap, I wish I`d stayed with Pro 11 now.

19. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Well I uninstalled Pro 12 and reinstalled it, and it STILL won`t work at all. I click on the icon and nothing comes up/on at all, I hope they sort it out as it`s not good this.

20. MarcBC

MarcBC Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

For the sake of balance, I have absolutely no problem with C1 Pro 12 either on download or installation. I am using an iMac with 32bg of RAM with a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 chip

Are you absolutely sure there are no security or other settings that may be stopping this from working? It seems odd that only one or two people are having issues on here but so many have no issues. If the software was as buggy as stated, surely it would affect all? I am not questionin your own abilities and you may well be more computer savvy than me. Could it be that either the downloads are being corrupted and/or something is set / not right on your computer to stop this working

Musicophile likes this.