This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Clerk. Raw VS jpeg

Discussion in 'Portraits, People, & Pets' started by JRJ, Aug 9, 2018.

1. JRJ

JRJ Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hi,
    I was recently scrolling through some files and revisited a photo I took back in Mar of 2017.
    Back then, I was having a heck of a time editing the raw file to make it look satisfactory.
    I tried it in Lightroom and also with a combination of LR and Silver Efex, either of which usually works for me, but in this case I just sort of gave up on it.
    But this time I started messing with the jpeg. I think it worked like a charm, and easily. Better depth and sharpness.
    Once in a while the original jpeg can't be beat.

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

She works in a store in Vancouver called The Regional Assembly of Text. They design and make very clever greeting cards, journals, notebooks and such. The store is filled with vintage typewriters, cabinets etc. Great place.

Shot with X-T1 and 18-55

Thanks for looking,
    JRJ

2. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

very interesting composition and choice of lighting for this shot !
    it's been well received, so if anyone can spare the time i'd like to know some of the reasons why you liked the shot
    ....tia....rick

3. Richard_Reich

Richard_Reich Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I like environmental portraits. And this one is particularly intriguing. It isn't that it's timeless. It's moment in time is obviously recent (within my lifetime), but otherwise unknowable. I really like how she escapes what should be harsh lighting. Fortunately I already formed my attachment to this image before reading the description.

We're always told that our pictures must tell stories. This one teases with a story we can't know. I love its mystery.

4. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Richard_Reich
    thank you for posting ! your insight is fascinating !

5. charlie3

charlie3 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Very good and an interesting story. I looked at their website; what an enterprising couple of ladies!