This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Carbon Fiber Tripod and Ball Head for Fuji System?

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by bestefar, Jun 12, 2018.

1. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I used an old FLM 24F ball head I had doing nothing, it fits nicely when the legs are folded up.
    Those grips are handy, I have the Fuji ones with the Arca plate for my X-E2 and X-Pro2

Those Boss Adapters look like a good idea, sure there are lots of people who don't like the Manfrotto clamps.

sccjim likes this.
  2. bestefar

bestefar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks to all who havea replied to my question. So many great suggestions! Some of brands that look very worthy that I had never heard of. I'm having lots of fun doing the research on all these ideas. Cheers, David

intheviewfinder and tijuana taxi like this.
  3. Blazer

Blazer Fuji Commander

-Return to Top-

I've been thinking about this as well. I love my aluminum MePhoto Roadtrip, but the carbon fiber model would only saves me 8 ounces!

crashton likes this.
  4. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It isn't about the weight (at least not only about the weight). I set them both up at the store and the CF is substantially more stable set up the same way.

5. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It was mentioned above but lest it get lost in the fray...fewer leg sections substantially aids stability.

6. fzdp

fzdp Premium Member

-Return to Top-

There is a promo for 3LT and Winston with a head is 320 euro only. It is a bit overkill for X-t20 but will match my Hasselblad, has 3 sections only and will work well without center column extended, and it is almost 900g lighter than my 055 Manfrotto. I will give it a go I think.

7. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I handled Winston in the store and can't believe my credit card made it out of the store untouched :). I have enough tripods for my purposes and don't need another. But if I could do it over, I would have the Winston instead of one of the others.

I have not encountered a tripod with such stability at such a light weight.

I just don't have circumstances where I need that level of stability where carrying the heavier tripod I own is a hardship. But if I did....

8. jedorme

jedorme Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That really is a good deal for this top of their line tripod. But I am really satisfied with my 3LT Leo, which was designed for mirrorless & travel usages. It reliably supports my XP2 with the Fuji hand grip with its Arca Swiss style base plate & my heaviest lenses (16-55 & 90mm). I don't even come close to the 66lb capability of the Leo, so the 88lb of the Winston would be overkill. But I suspect it will be great for any medium format type system or if you are just looking for rock solid support in gale like conditions for even the XT20.