This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Camera, especially Fuji plus snapshots containing mind glitches

Discussion in 'Forum Cafe - Everything Off Topic' started by dee Dowling, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dee Dowling

dee Dowling Premium Member

-Return to Top-

A film is comprised of many individual frames merged together to create the illusion of movement .
    Watching 'real' people it seems similar - she/he can blur/ignore/filter/edit what she/he sees , experiences .
    They also recognise things in context - ' Camera ' simply means a diverse object of any form which takes photographs . ' Bus ' is something we use as transport .
    I don't resolve like this , so it took me a while to realise that I am not other-stupid , but other-wise .
    It is as if I am seeing each individual frame - i will see all the shapes and patterns of , say School Bus , but my mind will reject other shapes and patterns as 'Bus'.
    i.e - Same or Not Same.
    Intellectually , I have learned how context works for others , but the comprehension and participation is missing [ it's the same with Boy?Girl//Me / stuff , but that's another complication which actually helped me to resolve it .
    The other difficulty is that that first set of shapes / patterns get imprinted , so it can be difficult to move on .
    Another glitch is that i can't properly resolve the concept of say . complete 'Car ' Bus ' even 'camera ' but smaller is better .
    It's as if my mind has taken a multitude of snapshots from all angles and i have posted them on the wall ,
    it tends to mess with your head somewhat LOL

I can't prove that it is Autism stuff , but I sure recognise in the mentors and friends sought out in my formative years - ignoring those closer to me .

AHHHH Cameras ! Get to the point !!

1st new 1972 SLR was a big chunky , clunky , but incredibly tough - PrinzflexTTL Badged Chinon.
    Following that , the OM1 was all the rage , and I bought one , but it was never real to me .
    Too bitty and sharp edged .Lens too contrasty ?

part-exchanged for a used Minolta SRT 201 [ USA import ]
    I loved it as ' same enough ' .
    I, and others served me well until the AF revolution , I recognise , now that the curvy lines of the new Minoltas messed with my flawed recognition system , creating discomfort , but it's only come to my notice with the help of Fujifilm cameras .
    i realise that the typical DSLRs follow the style of those AF SLRs .

My X-Pro1 , X-T1 , even the simple X-M1 - don't .
    They are close enough to my old SRTs / even my Contax II and IV .
    My mind accepts them as Camera , much as i did with the SRT .
    To the extent , that I would like cases for them , as I did way back then .
    The rangefinder / box styled Leica Digilux 3 went some way towards this , and created many happy hours of snap shooting , but the Fuji Triples are simply perfect .
    So , in a sense , it's all about snapshots , but part of it how my mind resolves my Fujis are an essential extension of that being .

Thanks for Fuji and forum 'cos it has settled a shadow over the discomfort with digital cameras pre-Fuji .
    Respect
    dee

kevistopheles likes this.
  2. dee Dowling

-Return to Top-

OOPS!
    Maybe I get a bit carried away - sorry .
    But its genuinely mind blowing for me .
    dee

kevistopheles likes this.
  3. David Schneider

David Schneider Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I loved my OM1 and OM2. Great travel camera. It would take me until XE1 to find a better travel camera.

4. kevistopheles

kevistopheles Analog

-Return to Top-

I’ll have what they’re having

5. dee Dowling

-Return to Top-

Kevistopholese - maybe you would not want I am having , but at least small , Fuji mercy keep me grounded .