This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Auto-ISO Wish

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by Forum GAS, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Forum GAS

Forum GAS Member

-Return to Top-

For those of us shooting the 100-400, it sure would be nice to set faster minimum shutter speeds in the auto-ISO menu. 1/500th of a second is too slow in some situations. I think this is necessary as they bring out more long telephoto lenses and try to cater to the fast-action photographer.

2. HarryBinNC

HarryBinNC Member

-Return to Top-

I always shoot in full manual with ISO in Auto That means that I set the aperture and shutter as desired with only ISO in Auto - the camera will set a ballpark ISO setting - Use the exposure compensation control to fine-tune the exposure. I have both focus and exposure in central spot mode, and use back-button focus with focus severed from the shutter button. I normally use the instant auto focus (assigned to the rear wheel press) - if the conditions demand it, I will use the lens focus ring instead. I love auto ISO in "Manual" mode - it allows you to have full control of all settings under any and all conditions.

Fly_Boy and Arjay like this.